• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I see it happening, and I will not purchase it needless to say. But I will also note it and not do business with them in the future either. I like forums for the people and the deals too.

I have sold a few items on gun forums and I must say I think that I price my items fairly. My longest running ad was I think three days for a pretty specific item but the first person that needed it bought it right away. Got a deal when I bought it and was happy to pass it along for a deal too. My other ads have not made it a day on other gun forums, one was gone in 3 minutes! Maybe should have priced that one higher lol, but he got a great deal and I was happy too and that is what counts.

Gunbroker and others, who cares I agree, but on forums where you are dealing with "friends" then you should act like friends imo. I hope to deal with many on here over the years, not make a quick profit and run. Others will make the quick profit, that is their choice I suppose but I sure hope more choose another route.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I see it happening, and I will not purchase it needless to say. But I will also note it and not do business with them in the future either. I like forums for the people and the deals too.

I have sold a few items on gun forums and I must say I think that I price my items fairly. My longest running ad was I think three days for a pretty specific item but the first person that needed it bought it right away. Got a deal when I bought it and was happy to pass it along for a deal too. My other ads have not made it a day on other gun forums, one was gone in 3 minutes! Maybe should have priced that one higher lol, but he got a great deal and I was happy too and that is what counts.

Gunbroker and others, who cares I agree, but on forums where you are dealing with "friends" then you should act like friends imo. I hope to deal with many on here over the years, not make a quick profit and run. Others will make the quick profit, that is their choice I suppose but I sure hope more choose another route.

:+1:and repped

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Fair market value

Fair market value for any product is what a willing buyer agrees to pay a willing seller. I tend to price on the low side but I sold every gun for more than I paid for them so I am happy and the buyer felt he got a good deal so everyone wins. People who rip off the uninformed will be found out and not last long on the site. We are a close knit community and the word gets out.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I see one problem with saying that all people are trying to screw people. If some one bought the firearm or magazine for more than what they are selling for now, then wants to get what they paid for it... So be it. We are promoting a freedom on this web site. I believe that I should be free to carry my firearm for self protection. Not all people believe I should. So should I stop. NO. So if I want to get my money back for something I bought and someone else wants it so be it.

If we start telling people what they should sell items for isn't that going to the thinking of the Brady Foundation? We have to fight for the freedom to keep what we believe in. I don't think the Brady's or anyone else should be able to tell me what I can and can't do. If you don't like the price listed go to the next sell. If you don't like the price at one gun shop drive to the next one. If there is something I really want I some times will pay more for it.

I want the freedom to carry and to live free.:patriot:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I see one problem with saying that all people are trying to screw people.
    Nobody said that and that is not what this thread is about, although some might mistake it to be a rant against capitalism, they would, however be mistaken. Obviously you missed the whole point of the thread.
    I'd just like to welcome, those of you who are whining about this, to the free market.
    Ditto to you. Clearly this thread is not about the free market or screwing others out of money, but rather about the change in the community feeling here on INGO among the members. You may be a moderator but you clearly are not in sync with the real issue in this thread.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Not out of touch. Just making a point.

The free market will take care of itself in that right as well. Members who are creeped out by someone selling a gun, without posting about anything else won't buy from them. Conversely people who don't care who they buy a gun from, will weigh the price and quality of the item, and make a decision based on their own criteria.

This IS the free market at work. Unless Fenway changes how he wants the Classifieds to work, there's no reason for this thread to exist.

rwilcox215

Plinker
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Danville Westside of Indy
    Also I know there are several people on here who buy a gun or acc. from here then turn around and sell it the next day to make money. So why should anyone give anyone other person a really good just so they take the said item and make the money that I could have made but instead decided to be the GOOD GUY and hook a brother up. I have done several deals on hear and many through karl and have never had a single unhappy buyer. I am one of the most generous people you will find. So I price my mags at $2-$3 over what i paid for them. but yet no one else has any or any they want to sell. Other than back orders and rumors. If others where listed then I could see how fast yours sell and then tell me about the warm fuzzy feeling for doing a good deed. But wait it's not over the next day look on gunbroker and find your item being sold for more much more. so what do you do at that point.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not out of touch. Just making a point.

The free market will take care of itself in that right as well. Members who are creeped out by someone selling a gun, without posting about anything else won't buy from them. Conversely people who don't care who they buy a gun from, will weigh the price and quality of the item, and make a decision based on their own criteria.

This IS the free market at work. Unless Fenway changes how he wants the Classifieds to work, there's no reason for this thread to exist.

Can you please get your point back on topic? Thanks.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    One thing I like about the INGO website is that many people here will help out other members with "fair" prices on trades. :yesway:

Now is a time of irrational panic and some gun parts, particularly standard capacity magazines, AR lowers and similar components have been jacked up in price by panic buying. The supply is well behind the demand. But the manufacturers have NOT yet raised prices.

What really pisses me off are the SMALL % of members here who have parts to sell and are screwing other members with 'gouging' level prices like Pmags and AK mags in the $25+ range, etc. :xmad: I think it sucks. If you want to screw people, go to Gunbroker.com and push your overpriced crap. :ar15:

I've not paid more than $15.25 (including shipping) for 30 round AR15 Pmags. I've not paid more than $16.60 (including shipping) for AK 30 round mags. And I've bought BOTH types BEFORE & AFTER the election and the prices have not changed. So why are INGO members screwing other INGO members and offering overpriced parts here? It reminds me of those gas stations that jacked up their gas prices $2 per gallon when we invaded Iraq. Only a small % of them did it, but it was wrong. Offering parts to other INGO members at extortion level prices is just as wrong.

[/rant]

For whatever it is worth, if anyone wants Pmags for roughly $15.25 each (including shipping), go to Charles Daly website. They get deliveries of Pmags every week. They were in stock yesterday. If they are out of stock they will put you on a list and ship when they get them. There is a wonderful young woman in the office named Lindsey who will help you out.

MidwayUSA has AK mags, they were in stock earlier this week, $16 each.

STOP THE PANIC, just get on a list and wait. In most cases your wait will not be long.

Alright Melensdad.... Summarize the above topic for me.

I see "Pissed off about price gouging"
    What really pisses me off are the SMALL % of members here who have parts to sell and are screwing other members with 'gouging' level prices like Pmags and AK mags in the $25+ range, etc. :xmad: I think it sucks. If you want to screw people, go to Gunbroker.com and push your overpriced crap. :ar15:

Otherwise, if you're trying to sell pmags, aren't you in the wrong forum?

Backwoods

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We all get a little bit upset at the speculators when it comes right down to it. If we had the money back in 86 to get a bunch of class 3 stuff then we would all be alot richer today.:ar15:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Alright Melensdad.... Summarize the above topic for me.
    If you follow the thread it clearly evolved. Conversations tend to do that. This did just that. You will find quite a bit of the more recent discussion evolved from the few members who try to screw others into the effects those members have and the attitude of the forum. Rather than just going back to the 1st post, which is what started this, why not look to see how the thread used that as a starting point to discuss the effects of those actions? The changes in the overall community of INGO is where we have been, start at the top of page 9 of the thread, you'll see it, and it has been posted many times through the thread, and all because of the initial post. And yes, several people have made hit and run comments about the free market, but they have not been in sync with the evolving topic of the thread either.

Hope that helps.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Nobody said that and that is not what this thread is about, although some might mistake it to be a rant against capitalism, they would, however be mistaken. Obviously you missed the whole point of the thread.

I never said anything about capitism, I said " if I want to get back what I paid for what ever I am selling, I should be able to. It is my money and if you don't like my price shop someone else." Noone knows what I paid for anything I have bought, so if you think I paid to much so be.

My point is that if I want to be free and sell my stuff on this site, I should be free to price it at my price. So me and who ever else wants to sell on this site be free to price at what they want!!! Free Market trade is what I want!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    melensdad you are experiencing how it feels to grow from a forum of a few friends to a forum of many people that if it was not for guns might not even talk to each other.

If you were here in the beginning I'm sure that you were excited when you got the 1st 500 members and now the forum has grown to over 2000, it isn't what it used to be and in some way it's sad.

I help start a forum that now has over 40,000 members and if I wasn't a mod I might never visit it again, it isn't the group of friends that used to sit online and help each other.

It all comes down to you either grow or you die, the trick is not to let the A**HOLES ruin it for the rest of the members.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You wrote:
    I see one problem with saying that all people are trying to screw people.
    To which I replied that that is not what was claimed nor is it what the thread was about. Not even from the very beginning was this thread ever about all people screwing others.

Now you write:
    My point is that if I want to be free and sell my stuff on this site, I should be free to price it at my price. So me and who ever else wants to sell on this site be free to price at what they want!!! Free Market trade is what I want!
    And again, the thread has moved on. I have no problem with the free market (that, by the way, is just another way of describing "capitalism") But again the topic had already evolved before you wrote your earlier reply.

Still, based on the last couple of comments it appears to have taken on a whole new direction. One never intended. But if you guys want to talk about things that have been discussed and moved on from then so be it, it seems like this thread is now hopelessly adrift. Which, again seems to prove the point that many members have mentioned. The community that this site once was, has changed. And as 4Sarge wrote, not for the better.

melensdad you are experiencing how it feels to grow from a forum of a few friends to a forum of many people that if it was not for guns might not even talk to each other.

If you were here in the beginning I'm sure that you were excited when you got the 1st 500 members and now the forum has grown to over 2000, it isn't what it used to be and in some way it's sad.

I help start a forum that now has over 40,000 members and if I wasn't a mod I might never visit it again, it isn't the group of friends that used to sit online and help each other.

It all comes down to you either grow or you die, the trick is not to let the A**HOLES ruin it for the rest of the members.
    Yup.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    If you follow the thread it clearly evolved. Conversations tend to do that. This did just that. You will find quite a bit of the more recent discussion evolved from the few members who try to screw others into the effects those members have and the attitude of the forum. Rather than just going back to the 1st post, which is what started this, why not look to see how the thread used that as a starting point to discuss the effects of those actions? The changes in the overall community of INGO is where we have been, start at the top of page 9 of the thread, you'll see it, and it has been posted many times through the thread, and all because of the initial post. And yes, several people have made hit and run comments about the free market, but they have not been in sync with the evolving topic of the thread either.

Hope that helps.

How do we know they are screwing someone. If they paid $200.00 for a item and they sell it for $210.00. Is that screwing or changing the INGO community? The item might cost $100.00 PSS but they bought it at Don's for $200.00. They may want what they paid for it.

I like to read the threads on INGO, I am off and on the web site all day. The change I have seen is the bashing of other members because of the veiws they have. I would never carry a HiPoint for my carry gun, but if you do so be it. I won't bash you because you do. I am glad you are carrying something and if you want to know what I carry for info. I will share without bashing.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington

I don't think were trying to get rid of the classifieds or enforce rules on them. I think the consensus at this point is sell whatever you want at the price you want but theres a certain sense offriendship and loyalty in this forum and people don't like to be or feel taken advantage of. and panama said earlier but it was true that if it happens it will tend to take care of it's self.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom