melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    also interested in idpa
    Have you shot IDPA?

I've not shot competitive handgun but Ghost of Winter (Greg) and tem (Terry) both shoot IDPA and I believe both will be attending. Also my real estate partner 9mmJV (Juan) has just started competing in IDPA. So there will be a few folks for you to talk to about IDPA shooting.

BTW, I should be getting there about 4:30 too :yesway:

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I am throwing some new grips on my new "court"(cigar day) gun then I will be grabbin some food and heading over.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Had a great time tonight. Was nice to meet some of the NWI guys. Looking forward to shooting IDPA with some of you Sunday. Thanks to Melensdad for hosting.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Thanks for hosting, as usual it was a great event with some different faces from last time. Hope to see some of you Sunday at north porter county or on Wednesdays at Michigan City rifle and pistol for some NWI IDPA action.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Very good time--relaxed atmosphere, nice samplers, I'm going to have to head back later this week too stock up. Where are your other locations? I heard talk of one at 41 and 30?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    GREAT time last night bob!Sorry I hadto leave there at the end when the converstation started gettig interesting, BUT worked called. I as well as LadyGhost had a GREATtime. I think the BEST part was seeing the reaction on the faces of theotherfolks thatstopped in for cigarettes or whatever when they saw all the iron on display.One young guy in particular didn't take his eyes off us the entire time he was there. LOL

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Very good time--relaxed atmosphere, nice samplers, I'm going to have to head back later this week too stock up. Where are your other locations? I heard talk of one at 41 and 30?
    Bob's other store is in Pine Island Plaza on route 30.
    I have two "Pit Stop Smoke Shops" with small cigar lounges. The one on US41 in Cedar Lake, and the other is next door to Zuni's Restaurant inside Pine Island Plaza (US30 & Pine Island Drive).

There is a new lounge, that will be very different from these, that we are opening up about 2 blocks west of the intersection of 41/30. That will be the "1101 Cigar Lounge," and will be somewhat more upscale, with a walk in humidor MUCH larger lounge area, multiple flat screen TVs, fireplace, private cigar lockers, etc. We were hoping to be open July 1, but its more likely sometime in September.

. . . One young guy in particular didn't take his eyes off us the entire time he was there. LOL
    Well none of us looks like a police officer so maybe he figured he stumbled into some trouble :runaway:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It looked like everyone was having a good time from the outside! I got to chat with LadyGhost for a bit in the parking lot, but I couldn't go in since my sinus surgery was just this past Monday :crying:. It's ok, I had plenty of fun spending Bubba's money at Target. ;) Hope to catch ya' next time!

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Had a good time the short time I was able to spend there. Wish I could of hung out longer, working four twelves is sweet getting overtime and still having a three day weekend just not alot of time to socialize during the work week.
    Smoked that Siglo that I purchased when I got got home. Wow that was a robust stout cigar. It was a very enjoyable smoke though. Although I think I might have been as white as a ghost after smoking it when I went to bed.lol
    Is there such a phrase as cigar hangover? If there is I think I had had one this morning.:)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Smoked that Siglo that I purchased when I got got home. Wow that was a robust stout cigar. It was a very enjoyable smoke though. Although I think I might have been as white as a ghost after smoking it when I went to bed.lol

It was nice to meet you! Too bad the big crowd really didn't start showing up until right after you had to leave. It got to the point where it was standing room only.

As for the Siglos, yup those are pretty intense cigars. Very good, but not something that you want to give to a newbie unless you want to watch them turn green.

Uh, wait, now that you bring it up, my daughter will begin dating soon, perhaps I'll smoke a Siglo with her gentlemen callers before they head out on a date . . . that should screw up his head and keep his hands off my little girl.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Sorry I missed out, guys. I was looking for an apartment where I'll be attending law school. Weird that the days conflicted.

See y'all at NPCCC this weekend. IDPA ain't my thing, but I love shooting, so I'm indifferent.

9mmJV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Cedar Lake - Pit Stop Smoke Shop

:dunno:
    Hey guys, I couldn't make the event but heard there was a good crowd but more importantly "quality" fellas'! I couldn't smoke for a whole week and boy was that punishment!

Ghost of Wntr - Thanks for all the pointers of gun shooting and handling at WINAMAC last week end. I did Have a BLAST all the people very friendly and helpfull - so guys, after all the gun shooting I finally decided and ordered a new gun. Melen's Dad - thanks for all the help and insight. My new gun to be (as soon as it arrives) is... good ole "G34"!:ingo::ar15::draw:Terri; Thanks for the help today during the IDPA shooting event - we'll get together and :ar15:.

I wont miss the next CIGAR night. Thanks guys!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom