• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK folks, just met with Bob the cigar rep who has been sponsoring these events, he wants to do another cigar/gun night!

The date will be THURSDAY August 19 at the Schererville (PINE ISLAND PLAZA on US30 at Pine Island Court next door to Zuni's Restaurant) Pit Stop Cigar Lounge. Time from 6pm to 9pm.

Best of all, Bob wants to learn to shoot IDPA and wants to attend the next INGO shoot at Winimac too :)

As I get more details on the cigar brand he wants to sample I will be posting up the detailed information of this event. Look for more information to come.

EDIT:
    1a6pmCigarNight.jpg

Picture6.png

Last edited:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    WOW it seems we are slowly turning more and more people on to competitive pistol shooting. If only we could get rep bob to shoot something other than a glock.... Actually it looks like I will be able to attend this one as well..along with LadyGhost of course.

Greg

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    WOW it seems we are slowly turning more and more people on to competitive pistol shooting.

something in the tobacco?

I shot IDPA last night in Michigan City. Had a blast. Did alot better than I thought I would too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Just an update, but we will be smoking BERING HALLMARK ROBUSTO cigars. Bering makes several series of cigars, the HALLMARK cigars are their middle-grade cigars. These are roughly $5.69 each at retail so for a premium cigar these are moderately priced. I think they are a good alternative to the Nat Sherman brand as they are roughly in the same flavor and intensity range, not harsh, not strong.

images

These are modestly priced premium hand rolled cigars in the Dominican Republic. Its a mild cigar with a light colored Ecuador Connecticut wrapper, Nicaraguan/Dominican Filler and a pure Dominican Binder.

I'm not sure of the length of this cigar but I'd bet it will be in the 4.5 to 5" range and approximately a 50 ring gauge, which is typical of Robusto shape/size cigars.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OK guys, the time and cigars are now set.

This event will start at 6pm . . . not 5pm like the last events. Of course if people show up early they will be welcome to hang out, but Bob the cigar guy may not get there as early this time.

REMEMBER: Open Carry is welcome, it is also optional. Cigar smoking is also optional.

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I'll be there. As if there were any doubt.

This is exactly whagt I was gonna post, see you all there!

I am just late cause no phone internette on my trip the last couple days

P.s. if st. Louis ray is one of bobs cigar brands tell him while I tried smoking it last night it literally fell apart when trying to light. And it was in my (homemade) humidor.

On the other hand the gurkha I am smoking right now is phenominal.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    This is exactly whagt I was gonna post, see you all there!

I am just late cause no phone internette on my trip the last couple days

P.s. if st. Louis ray is one of bobs cigar brands tell him while I tried smoking it last night it literally fell apart when trying to light. And it was in my (homemade) humidor.

On the other hand the gurkha I am smoking right now is phenominal.

I tried one of these that I bought from Bob at the first of the month and it was terrible as well. burned VERY uneven, about fell apart...it was as if they had used nothing but loose 'crumbs' for the filler it felt like I was smoking a HUGE cigarette....

Greg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    masochism is a valuable life skill

Ok, fat finger mistake, should have typed RAIN

Happy now? :dunno:

As for the St Luis Rey cigars, I've only smoked a couple. I didn't have the problems you guy are talking about but I will say I was not overwhelmed with the taste/flavor/etc. Don't think I've actually smoked in at least a year. But what you guys say is somewhat surprising because the S.L.R. Titan Maduro as well as the Titan Natural are both very good selling cigars with regular repeat customers.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Ok, fat finger mistake, should have typed RAIN

Happy now? :dunno:

As for the St Luis Rey cigars, I've only smoked a couple. I didn't have the problems you guy are talking about but I will say I was not overwhelmed with the taste/flavor/etc. Don't think I've actually smoked in at least a year. But what you guys say is somewhat surprising because the S.L.R. Titan Maduro as well as the Titan Natural are both very good selling cigars with regular repeat customers.

Are they big sellers in cedar lake more than the other store? :dunno:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Probably more at Pine Island, despite the fact that we have a wider selection of cigars in that store the S.L.R. TITANS are still some of our best sellers. But the TITANS are very good sellers at BOTH stores. The other sizes/shapes don't sell as well as the TITAN.

Hmm.....maybe this was just a couple of bad ones?? :dunno: Wonder WHERE terry got his.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    I shall attempt to make this one the same way i made the last one, in my ambulance. IF i still have a job. I am currently on suspension pending termination. I got handed a big pile o :poop: last week...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom