INGO Open Carry Trash Pick Up? (Lafayette Area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I have thought about something like this for awhile also, but I also have another idea.

OC is cool and fine with me, i pretty much CC with a laughable level of concealment anyway.....the muzzle is generally visible below my shirt line so I am comfortable with OC.....

But another option is instead of having a pure OC kind of event, have a trash pick up where the focus is on the gun owner community at large instead of a carry preference. My vision is having a vehicle or two sporting large banners on them, parked where all passing traffic could see them. One banner could be an "IN GunOwners INGUNOWNERS.COM" general advertisement piece, and the other could say something like " Indiana Gun Owners Love a Healthy, Clean Indiana" or "Gun Owners Keeping Indiana Beautiful" or something along those lines.

Just some pure, positive, non confrontational PR work.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    How about a multiple site area clean up? We could have multiple groups doing clean ups on the same day. I can see the headlines now "Gun owners cleaning up Indiana, across the state!"

What weekend were people thinking anyway?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This is a very cool Idea. Plenty of trash out there to pickup.
    Crap - That date wont work for me. That's the day I told my mom I'd clean [STRIKE]my room[/STRIKE] the basement. :(

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If this moves ahead, I am going to need to buy a OC holster. I currently only have an in-the-pocket holster.

I'm currently looking at this one. It's :spend: +++ but I figure, "Buy once, cry once". It looks to be a good choice.

Blessings,
    Bill
    4298597322_343a678200.jpg

4556935350_3664170d8f.jpg

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    threadjack
    I'm looking for something with retention. Most likely will go with a Serpa, but would love to be able to afford a duty holster with retention, like a Safariland duty holster.
    /threadjack

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone interested in an open carry trash pick up? They do them in New Hampshire, no reason we could not do them here.

We can flex our civil rights and help our community!

Actually, why not ADOPT a section of highway, and get the INGO name put up on signage for it? Like those you see along sections of roadway all the time?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom