• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm looking to get a lightweight compact travel tripod and yes I realize those attributes are not good ones when it comes to tripods. I've been reading several reviews on tripods and the adage "the best tripod is the tripod you have with you" keeps coming up.

I'm taking a trip the Upper Peninsula this summer and will be doing a fair amount of walking. I will also be taking several trips accross the country to see the nations parks and monumnets. If I get a heavy massive tripod, it will stay in the car. I'm going to be using the Vanguard 2GO 39 sling bag that has straps to hang a tripod off of the side.

2go_39_black_04_74383_a.jpg

Right now, I seem to have it narrowed down to the Manfrotto Befree Befree Travel Tripod for Cameras | Manfrotto and the Mefoto Roadtrip MeFOTO RoadTrip Travel Tripod Kits - Choose Your Color! I think I really like the idea of the lever clamp style of the leg locks over the twist lock. Anyone have any experience with travel tripods? Thanks in advance.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I dont know what your budget is but I would highly recommend Really Right Stuff. I am using the tvc-24 and travel all over the place with mine. It is light and solid. The tripod and ball head will be the last one you will ever buy.

TVC-24 Versa Series 2 Tripod

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well there you have it.

Definitely like the option of both. One of the Mefoto reviews I read said the monopod is great for crowded places where you can't set up a tripod. I'll have a few months to practice with my setup to get a feel for it before I leave on our trip.

Top Bottom