• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What political party platform most closely mirrors your personal principles?

• 1. BACON

• 2. DEMOCRATIC

• 3. LIBERTARIAN

• 4. OTHER

• 5. REPUBLICAN

Results are only viewable after voting.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Greetings my fellow Hoosiers,
    The discourse generated by this poll is primarily for fun.
    I'm curious to see which way the community leans on personal politics.

The poll is quite simple.
    The stakes involved are zero.
    The effort required is zero.
    The effect is to be determined.

I look forward to seeing the results.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The difference between bacon and a politician? Well, bacon doesn't scream when you put it in the oven, it does what it is made for, it is within hearing distance to listen to what I might say, if bacon was on fire people would put it out, I have never heard of a bacon pedophile, sure it is expensive but you have to buy it once, bacon greases you and you don't have to grease the bacon, it has a limited term, no one cares if you shoot bacon, it doesn't care what vegans think, no mater how hot it gets it will stick in there until the job is done... and the list goes on.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What I really want are constitutionalists to represent me, but they are few and far between.

I'm most cases where I am you hold your nose, either a little or a lot, and vote for the Republican candidate if you are not a Communist.

I do have to say however that there do seem to be some better choices this primary. Whether they will survive the cut yet, and the machine, is yet to be determined.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Greetings my fellow Hoosiers,
    The discourse generated by this poll is primarily for fun.
    I'm curious to see which way the community leans on personal politics.

The poll is quite simple.
    The stakes involved are zero.
    The effort required is zero.
    The effect is to be determined.

I look forward to seeing the results.
    It is fun when people turn on the selection that lets us see who voted for what…

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Bacon, of course,
    because what is life without bacon!?!

I left the anonymity toggled on because I wanted honest votes.
    It seems most people commented to share their selection and thoughts so it seems that a closed poll was not a hindrance.

Those that voted without comment are certainly appreciated.
    Naturally I enjoy the discourse,
    However it is the silent majority that moves the needle.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Bacon and other here. Pretty conservative with a few moderate leanings. But mostly I really would like someone to vote FOR instead of just against.

None of the above needs to be an option. We don't have enough politicians being tarred and feathered anymore so they no longer fear the consequences of getting in, making all the money they can while screwing people over then retiring with a fat pension.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I really want are constitutionalists to represent me, but they are few and far between.

I'm most cases where I am you hold your nose, either a little or a lot, and vote for the Republican candidate if you are not a Communist.

I do have to say however that there do seem to be some better choices this primary. Whether they will survive the cut yet, and the machine, is yet to be determined.
    For once I envy a state with a late primary. You may have noticed that the betrayal in the house on border security and Ukraine grift was timed to come after most primaries were over, and the oath-breakers will now hope it will be forgotten in two years

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Now what if I told you that your real vote does in fact matter?
    Screenshot_20240429_200215_Chrome.jpg

The above graph shows some trends that you might find interesting.

Slowing population growth.
    Declining voter registration.
    Increased voter participation.

These trends can be mapped out further,
    The data is publicly available, although somewhat unaccessable.
    Most things are now digital.

Getting to the point....

Around election time I always end up hearing 2 very odd things. (Full disclosure: I personally disagree with both of the following presumptions.)

1. MY VOTE DOESN'T MATTER.

2. IF YOU DON'T VOTE REPUBLICAN THE. DEMOCRATS WILL WIN.

Let's zoom in and see exactly what the numbers actually are.
    Is it possible those concepts/concerns are incorrect?

Screenshot_20240429_203209_Chrome.jpg

[the numbers represented are for Indiana gubernatorial races 1996-2020]

2020 Gubernatorial Totals
    Republican - 1,706,727
    Democrat - 968,094
    Libertarian - 345,569

DOES YOUR VOTE MATTER?

I would like to point out that due to declining voter registration every possible vote is mathematically worth "more."

The counter point is that due to increased participation by registered voters each vote is worth "less."
    This however ignores the finite nature of the voter pool.
    The limited supply of possible votes makes the dwindling number of uncast or undecided votes more critical as election margins become tighter.
    This is more readily felt in close local races, however with no incumbent, the 2024 Indiana governors race could have a much closer margin than recent cycles.

The data says that "Your Vote Matters."

Now let's explore the second comment that I often hear from otherwise rational, well meaning Hoosiers.

IF I DON'T VOTE REPUBLICAN THE DEMOCRATS WILL WIN.

Putting the world ending panic aside.
    Does fully embracing the Lesser Evil fallacy actually make mathematical sense given Indiana politics?

Now I will point out that this is a Registered Republican Voter concept.
    I have never heard someone who is not a dyed in the wool Republican voter make a similar statement.

If we look at the trending numbers you'll notice an interesting correlation between Total Votes Cast and Republican Votes Cast.
    That link however has little to do with actual party performance.
    It seems voter mobility is biased to the center-left and party allegiance is overwhelmingly Republican concept.

While in times past Indiana has experienced a number of close elections. Admittedly, None of which I'm old enough to remember.
    In the past couple decades the non sequitur of "Vote Red or Lose" has been a statistical impossibility.

We see margins that give 500,000+ Hoosiers the freedom to vote for principles they support and not for the" Lesser Evil ."

Those margin votes matter.
    I would encourage each of you to cast your votes based principle.

The math is simple,

FEAR ACQUIESCE, NOT DEFEAT.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    IF I DON'T VOTE REPUBLICAN THE DEMOCRATS WILL WIN.

Putting the world ending panic aside.
    Does fully embracing the Lesser Evil fallacy actually make mathematical sense given Indiana politics?

Now I will point out that this is a Registered Republican Voter concept.
    I have never heard someone who is not a dyed in the wool Republican voter make a similar statement.

If we look at the trending numbers you'll notice an interesting correlation between Total Votes Cast and Republican Votes Cast.
    That link however has little to do with actual party performance.
    It seems voter mobility is biased to the center-left and party allegiance is overwhelmingly Republican concept.

While in times past Indiana has experienced a number of close elections. Admittedly, None of which I'm old enough to remember.
    In the past couple decades the non sequitur of "Vote Red or Lose" has been a statistical impossibility.

We see margins that give 500,000+ Hoosiers the freedom to vote for principles they support and not for the" Lesser Evil ."

Those margin votes matter.
    I would encourage each of you to cast your votes based principle.

The math is simple,
    Oh jeez, everyone now has a pass to waste their vote. This is not how we win.

Do you know why we have RINO’s in the general? Because in red states only 25% of republicans vote in a primary. Conservatives can win ANY primary election they want to get out the vote for.

Conservatives must recruit candidates that have their values, support those candidates, fund those candidates, and vote for those candidates to get them on general ballot. That is how it is done…

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    You said the thing...

For those playing at home make sure you check off both squares on your BINGO cards.

It's honestly impressive just how smooth and concise that knee jerk reaction has become.
    I can only conclude that it's been distilled through generations of voters.

Fear is a powerful tool.
    It enslaves without chains,
    It imprisons without bars,
    It kills without bloodshed.

Voters must recruit, support, fund, and vote for those candidates that have their values to get them elected

FTFY
    (distilled, if you will allow)
    Your solution on the other hand...
    I could not agree with more,
    it's like you read my mind...
    Or that giant autistic rant I posted.
    Either way we're in this together.
    See ya at the polls.

Top Bottom