• ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Prayers said for all.

I have a prayer request for my wife. Just before Christmas we found out she has breast cancer, the surgeon believes he removed it all and now she will begin radiation treatment for the next 6 weeks. We are not sure if she will have to do chemo, they still have to do another test for that (but 2 doctors so far have told us they don't think she will have to).

Thank you all.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You are not a failure because your worth is not measured by monetary gains. However, you can still feel that way because of the way that our cultural projects worth and importance. Remember, feelings are liars and can make you question the truths of life.

When you guys fly back, are you going to do some more support/fund raising?
    Yes we are making more support meeting. As well we have planning meetings with or Team and the commissioning serve of the Team and the ordination service. I realize I am not a failure but things can frustrate anyone.

This is the second field we have worked on for several years we worked with the Indians in western Canada. We try and live very frugally so we do not distance ourselves from the Peruvians financially.

FBMI Peru - Baptist Church, Mission - Hammond | Facebook

Szabatin Peru Adventures

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Great idea. +1 for thinking about this, count me in. I included those who have asked and am in need of some prayer as well. My grandson who is 1 1/2 is going to have eye surgery in 2 weeks. He has 1 eye that the muscle isn't doing what it needs to. They have tried glasses and a patch but it isn't helping. If they don't correct with surgery he will go blind in his left eye because it sends different signals than his right eye. But to correct the whole thing he is going to need surgery on both. He's the happiest little guy there is and very active. He does well with his patches and glasses, but I don't know how he is going to handle having both eyes patched. I would greatly appreciate it if I could get prayers for his recovery. Thanks INGO. This really is a great place.:ingo::ingo::ingo::ingo::ingo::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Well here goes:

BIL passed Sept. 05,2011, age 51 yrs.

Another BIL's grandson passed Tue of this week. age 9 mo.

My first cousin on my father's side passed yesterday age 55yrs.

My wife's uncle passed Tues, age 78 yrs.

Happy New Year ? Not so far. I'm holding up okay, so mostly the prayers are for all peoples involved within these families. Thanks :ingo:
    My prayers are with you and your family that you will experience peace and comfort in this difficult time.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Please pray for the families of the soldiers from Indiana that were killed in Afghanistan: Staff Sgt. Jonathan M. Metzger, 32, Indianapolis; Spc. Brian J. Leonhardt, 21, Merrillville; Spc. Robert J. Tauteris Jr., 44, Hamlet; and Spc. Christopher Patterson, 20, Aurora, Ill.

Read full news article here: Bodies of 4 Hoosier Guardsmen arrive at Dover AFB | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
    I salute these Soldiers, and ALL of OUR Service Men, and Women, who
    serve.... They all do a GREAT Job, and deserve all of OUR utmost respect...... Prayers sent for all the above .....

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My dad is in the hospital for chest pain, doctored ruled out heartattack...still trying to figure out what's wrong.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Prayers sent .....

It has since come home, and went back up to the cardiologist for an appointment. The doctor says he does have gall stones however the doctor says they aren't bad enough to cause pain. The cardiologist does believe my father has a blockage. He getting ready for a heart cath, and if they find a blockage, we're told he'd need open heart surgery.

He is nervous and stressed about the heart cath, possible open heart surgery, and his job. If he ends up losing his job, we're all in trouble.

UPDATE:

He has one artery that 90% blocked and another one that 50%, a stint was put into place for the 90% artery and he getting medication to clear out the 50% block artery. We are hoping he'll be able to come home tomorrow.

Last edited:

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    Got a couple requests everybody.

First is my aunt. Her cancer is back so she has to go through more chemotherapy and possible another surgery. If you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers that would be great, she has fought this cancer for years.

Second is my friend and classmate from here at v.u. early Monday morning he accidentally shot himself in the leg. It was an fmj .45acp round. The bullet was a through and through that entered just above his knee. He is at st marys in evansville. All the info I'm getting is third party. Some say there is a good possibility of amputation but my machine shop teacher talked to him and said they put a titanium rod in his leg. Aparently he was de-cocking his 1911 when the hammer slipped and the gun discharged. Like I said this is all third party info so I'm not sure on the factual content. I do know that the bullet shattered his femur. He could use all the help he can get.

Thanks everybody!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Caleb, BS725, Prayers sent .....

Thank you...

UPDATE and CORRECTION:

My father has one 90% blockage, and "two" 50%.

He is at St. Francis right now, the cardiologist there said he went to their ER on Sunday instead of going to CRH's ER. When my father went to CRH's ER last week (his employer required him to go due to policy on chest pain), they didn't have a cardiologist look at him. -1000 for CRH this time for releasing my dad, saying he only had gall stones and another -1000 for the time my mom fell off the porch and broke her neck.

Seriously though, a lot of doctors at CRH do not know what they are doing...if my mom hadn't dragged my dad up to St. Francis, he would have most likely had a heart attack with possible fatal results.

Not sure whats going on at the moment, but the doctors are seeing something they don't like, so they are keeping him a while longer instead of being released today. Having my dad go through this makes me realize that I need to eat more healthy and cut out the junk, otherwise I'll find myself in this situation later on in life.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Folks,

I'm heading off to USMC OCS this weekend. It's a 10-week course, but I am hoping it will lead to more within the Marine Corps. I'd appreciate your prayers for my development as a leader of Marines and as a leader of my brothers in Christ. I believe that God has called me to the Marine Corps to do more than just be a Marine, but to be a witness for Him within the Corps and to use the opportunities that arise during my career within the Corps to bring Him glory.

In the short term, though, I'd settle just for prayers that I'll be successful and injury-free at OCS and that I find another brother with whom to fellowship and share encouragements.

Thanks!

Oh, and you can follow along with updates on my blog: My Life as a Marine Pilot. You can subscribe using email, RSS, Google Reader, Blogger, or just make a bookmark and check it periodically.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Greetings brothers, I could use some divine healing. I went down with a heart attack on JAN 9th, I had 100 % blockage and they opened it up with two stents. I am home now and thought I was out of the woods. Yesterday I found out that the other two arteries are 60-70 percent blocked, needing another operation. Evidently I was too weak to do it all at once. To live is for Christ, to die is for gain. If it is for me to live, I do not want to be sick and in effective. Since I have been self employed since 2006, I do not have any unemployment or disability to make up for my loss of income. Thanks for the prayer support.

Top Bottom