• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Guys, I was in the hospital about this time last month and I am doing really well. I have lost about 30 lbs and I am keeping most of it off. I have about 60 more lbs to go. My health is not what it should be and I'm hoping I can reverse some of the damage done...

Also, I am applying at another business that would be a move to an actual career rather than an actual job. Hoping this one goes through as the pay would be much higher and the hours a little more flexible for our needs. Thanks.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Asking for prayers for my 12 year old son. He will be having surgery Monday morning to remove a golf ball sized tumor from his brain stem. The surgeon is probably the best in the midwest and is optimistic that all will go well. My son is taking it pretty well but gets angry about it at times, especially since it is Christmas.
    Proverbs 3:5-6 :yesway:

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters on INGO for your prayers.
    My son's surgery went very well. The surgeon was able to remove over 90% of the tumor which is amazing considering its location. He will be in the ICU for another day or so until his breathing and other bodily functions that have been affected are stabilized. Hopefully he can be home for new years day. If you remember please keep him in prayer as he has radiation and months of therapy ahead of him.

KC

Looks like it will be a long tough recovery for my son. He is still in ICU while they try to get his breathing under control. Put a feeding tube into his stomach but had to stop the feeding because his whole digestive system has stopped. They said that happens with the pain meds. Now he has developed a touch of pneumonia, also common after major surgeries. He could be in ICU for another few days if not longer.
    Please keep him in your prayers.
    KC

Please continue your prayers. My son almost died yesterday from complications with the pneumonia. He is stable now and they are working to clear his lungs and get him breathing on his own. Thanks.
    KC

Those of you that follow this thread may remember my 12 year old son who had the tumor removed from his brain stem the day after Christmas. He has been home now for almost 3 weeks and is getting radiation treatments every day in Bloomington. We are having a hard time with his feedings (G tube) finding a formula that doesn't make him sick and throw up. We are concerned that he may not be getting enough liquids as well as nutrition. None of us want him to end up back in the hospital where he has already spent 48 days. Please continue to pray for his recovery and a solution to the feeding problem.
    Prov 3:5&6
    Also pray for mom and dad, it's wearing us out too.
    Kevin

Sorry for all the quotes, just want everyone to see what's been going on.
    Please continue your prayers for my son, now 13 years old. He had surgeries last Tuesday to remove the port, have a different G-tube put in and finally get the trach out. He also had a followup MRI since finishing the radiation treatments 4 weeks ago. What concerns us now is the MRI. Both the neurosurgeon and the radiologist want to bring it before some kind of review board because of what they see. The remains of the tumor may have actually grown since before starting radiation. There are a few reasons the MRI could appear this way or the tumor could actually still be growing. This combined with the bad headaches my son has been having, and the fact that his walking/balance has gotten worse is very frightening for us. The tumor was diagnosed as benign but I guess that doesn't mean anything. It is the worst thing in the world to see your child suffering and knowing that his short life may never get any better. (In this world anyways) We are hoping and praying for a miracle and that the MRI results are positive.
    Thanks to all of you who have prayed and continue to do so.
    KC

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Last week, I asked a particular business if I could volunteer my time and work to gain some experience in this particular field and in course of communicating back and forth, I'm suppose to know by tomorrow if I'm accepted.

I don't mean to sound selfish, but please pray that this opens up for me...Lord willing of course!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    INGO, I need your prayers for my roommate, Austin. He had an accident this afternoon while surfing, and is currently in the ICU somewhere in Florida. He has very limited feeling below his neck, and apparently can't move anything below his neck.

I'll keep you updated as I am updated, but for now, please pray.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    INGO, I need your prayers for my roommate, Austin. He had an accident this afternoon while surfing, and is currently in the ICU somewhere in Florida. He has very limited feeling below his neck, and apparently can't move anything below his neck.

I'll keep you updated as I am updated, but for now, please pray.

Prayers sent..

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Update: he can feel some in his feet, and about 2 hours ago, he was able to wiggle his toes. His spirits are high, and he's apparently enjoying the free cable so he can watch baseball.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Prayers for my wife's family. Her Uncle--who has been ill for quite some time--went home to be with the Lord yesterday.

Her SIL just had a double mastectomy on Monday. She made it through the surgery fine, but please pray for healing and no further signs of cancer.

And finally for Mrs. GGF's Stepfather. He is battling an aggressive form of lung cancer. Well, last Sunday, he had an abdominal aneurysm blow out. He survived the surgery--a one in three chance--but is still having major complications with coming off the meds and he's still got the cancer to deal with. I'm quite convinced that God is honoring the prayers of the Saints for his salvation--which is the most crucial part.

Yeah, it's a tough time right now for Mrs GGF and her side of the clan. Thanks all. Be blessed, be a blessing!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Meet Austin, age 25...
    t.gqzBPHzhDNNdmOMa.jpg

He's still got his smile, so he can't be too bad. He apparently was body surfing and caught a wave odd and hit his head on the bottom. The doctors have ruled out any broken bones, but he's apparently got some bruising of the spine, as well as torn ligaments + pulled muscels up and down his back.

Thanks for the Prayers!

Dukshead

Marksman
    Rating - 90.5%
    19   2   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Southport
    Prayers sent out to all. I definitely need them from time to time and like someone said before me, there is nothing too important in my life that I cannot pause for a moment to send one up for someone!

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I went to the doctor today for a 3 month check up. My A1C went from 8.8 to 5.4... which is great. I've lost a lot of weight and I hope to keep it up. Tomorrow is my oncology/cancer check up to make sure that everything is going ok.

Top Bottom