• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I am going to make it as well. Is this strictly SKS only? Just wondering, I am meeting someone on this forum Saturday morning so I will be bringing a new-to-me SKS hopefully. Perhaps some could give me some good pointers on SKS accessories and the sights issue.

If that is OK to come?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I am going to make it as well. Is this strictly SKS only? Just wondering, I am meeting someone on this forum Saturday morning so I will be bringing a new-to-me SKS hopefully. Perhaps some could give me some good pointers on SKS accessories and the sights issue.

If that is OK to come?

Of course. It's mainly an SKS shoot, but I'm not going to be bothered by other stuff being shot. I'll be bringing most of my arsenal to do some practice.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They are calling for serious windage and storms. It better not be too bad. I'll be mad if we can't get out there due to the storms. I think we'll be ok though. I've never been shooting in the rain so I don't know what to expect.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Saturday: windy, warmer. Rain showers likely and chance of thunderstorms until midday, then rain showers and chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 60s. South winds 15 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Doesn't look real promising :/

filster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    My 13 year old is up for shooting. He will try the SKS, is it okay for us to bring a 10/22? I don't have a bunch of 7.62x39, so I will let him shoot as much as his shoulder allows. I thought this would be a good way to meet some of the folks. filster

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I got a deal on some ammo so if you need some extra I'll have some to barter with. Also dress for the weather. The only thing that will make Saturday miserable will be unpreparedness! :D

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    My 13 year old is up for shooting. He will try the SKS, is it okay for us to bring a 10/22? I don't have a bunch of 7.62x39, so I will let him shoot as much as his shoulder allows. I thought this would be a good way to meet some of the folks. filster

Sure. There's a small area off to the side where we can set up a short range as well and we can always set up cans or small targets for pistols or younger shooters.

That said...we may need more tables. I have 1 table that's really only good enough for food, and we have a permanent stone table we can shoot off of. I also have a "lead sled" gun rest to shoot from on the stone table, but if anyone has a decent sturdy table we can shoot off of it would probably be good to have a few.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can bring a few metal folding chairs as those can be used for either gear or to shoot from. Find you a good stick, use as a shooters stick, vuwala! Instant shooting rest!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've got a couple camping chairs, even one with the foot rest that's real comfy, but I don't see those being good for much. I'll bring my comfy one to use for my gear though. I suppose I could bring my concrete blocks to sue for a ground level table aswell.

Again, I only have one target holder but you have to hit the cardboard. If you hit the sides and the frame it will desengrate as it's an old baby gate! LOL I hope you all have more target holders. Best I can do is two or three steel rods maybe 2-3 foot tall.

I also have some spent Wolf shell casings to use for shorter range plinking. Not many Shoot-N-C targets left.

Also if someone has a bullet puller they could bring that would be great too! I have some bullets that FTF or stove piped on feeding and are no good. Would like to bring them home to show the kids the inner workings of a bullet.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    first do we have a for sure time? second I have to go to MC sports tomorrow so I'll get a target stand and some targets too, somebody just needs to bring some cardboard. and I don't think I need to bring a bunch of firewood if it's going to be 60 out maybe just enough for food? hopefully someone else will bring some too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    10am. For updates, should there be any, check the OP. Also, I should have plenty of cardboard and zipties. No firewood though unless I can talk my girl into letting me strap the Entertainment center to the top of the van.... :):

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unless you have AP ammo, quarter inch should be fine! LOL

Could someone bring an AR upper, a mag, and a couple rounds so I can test my lower?

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    1/4" cold rolled steel will be fine for pistol rounds and .22LR. However high powered ammo like .223rem and 7.62X39 will pierce almost all the way thru it if it isn't high grade and High impact steel. I can post pictures of a test I did.
    A friend of mine got me some steel from a local fabricator and I took it out ans shot at it with a bunch of my guns at around 30yds.
    The pistols and pitol caliber carbine did just fine but the SKS, AK47 and the AR went almost all the way thru. :ar15:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hmmm. I've seen .223 go thru 1/2"-3/4" metal before.... Oh yea.... Nevermind... LOL Yea I musta been thinkin about the Friday night steel shoot.

Either way, it'd be pretty cool to see my SKS shoot thru a metal target! I think I would go home VERY happy! :p

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Hmmm. I've seen .223 go thru 1/2"-3/4" metal before.... Oh yea.... Nevermind... LOL Yea I musta been thinkin about the Friday night steel shoot.

Either way, it'd be pretty cool to see my SKS shoot thru a metal target! I think I would go home VERY happy! :p

Huh? Our steel is very tough and none of it has been pierced. WTF are you talking about???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom