• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What are the odds that some of your clients, or potential clients, would take this opportunity to install some updates in the slow days? Or maybe branch out into tangential services (deep cleaning? I dunno...) to fill gaps? Maybe start looking for blood early and make offers to buy back good used equipment, then flip it?

I just have to think that if you have that list of customers, and you have a skill set, there's probably another way to apply it that normally wouldn't be worth the trouble, but maybe today it is. That's not a knock or anything... Just trying to think outside the box.
    Have tried, most aren’t making enough revenue to pay employees, and restock, much less paying outside help. As far as buying good used, I am, until cash reserves run out, which with no incoming is going to happen sooner, rather than later.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    This is true. I have several families who have bought 2, 3 or 4 units from me.

Man... I'd for sure crack your phone book and call those loyal customers and let them know just how much you appreciate their business and how available you are for anything they need right about now. You never know... Some of those guys might need to set their rigs up as temporary housing for loved ones and might have a "check up" on their minds anyhow. Go over the plumbing, wheel bearings, lights, whatever. Run a spring special?

Again, just thoughts. Nobody might want to buy a new one, but maybe service can float you a little more time?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Have tried, most aren’t making enough revenue to pay employees, and restock, much less paying outside help. As far as buying good used, I am, until cash reserves run out, which with no incoming is going to happen sooner, rather than later.

Got any freezers? I'd bet you could sell those right quick around here right about now... Might even be able to rent out some of the used fridges to panic food buyers. Risky business, but, business?

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    Real Estate Broker. 98% of my business is from foreclosures. We had a slowdown a little over a year ago and it started picking up again. Things have been pretty steady but no where near our top of a few years ago. Foreclosures and evictions are on hold with current cash for keys going forward. We have been fortunate and able to set some money aside. We are looking to donate a small amount of money to help someone in our community through this tough time. We are hoping other small businesses and self employed are able to do the same

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    As the name may imply, I dig ditches. More specifically, I install drain tile in farm fields and have done this for 20 years now, building the business from scratch with some ancient equipment and not really knowing what I was doing, but nobody told me I couldn’t.
    I also farm with my brother and son.
    My business is good and I am blessed. My heart breaks for the people who will lose so much in this situation. I will look for ways to bless others.
    I have heard there are loans available but it doesn’t seem right to have to do that, even if it was possible to make the payback.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I am in charge of a 133 year old single
    family business we are a small machine shop, oldest in Indiana. We have ground to a halt. Hoping that next week our critical staff can get in to start cutting chips, but if they restrict us much more we may be done for.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sorry to hear this super bee. Wishing you the best of luck. We bought our current camper off you a few years ago, and the wife and I were talking about paying a visit to upgrade before the world turned upside down. Hope things work out. ...

Ryan
    -rvb.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I know there are several of us here on INGO. I was thinking this may be a good place for us to get together and see how we are doing. Also, post about any assistance which may or may not be coming for us. If the mods feel this is a ****y idea you will not hurt my feelings by deleting it.

I have owned a Forest River RV dealership in Fort Wayne for 12 years. Last year was a really bad year in the RV industry and I blew through a lot of savings to save the business. If this situation last too long I will not have a choice but to close. February was crazy busy and even up until 10 days ago I was moving units as fast as they were coming in then it was like someone turn off the spigot. The other issue I am having is my finance companies who I use so I can purchase units have cut us off, not just us, but all dealers nation wide. I have pretty much come to the realization I will be losing the business and while it stinks there is nothing I can do.

I hope you are fairing better.

Do you have a website Super Bee where I can look at inventory. We have thought about upgrading my old Toy hauler, and if I decide to do that, Id rather give the money to a INGO member than some business you dont know what they stand for.

Still interested in a business name?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Real estate appraisal, mainly non-residential. Thanks in part to ingo I have figured this was coming. About six weeks ago I hit the overdue receivables list hard to get some extra cash flow. Also starting about a month ago we began quoting normal regular client jobs towards the lower end of our typical fee range to increase the work coming in. We are actually busy and will be so for the next month or so.

Our business has minimal contact with people and close to 100% of client interaction is phone or email. Small firm but we all can log in remotely to work. But whether I work from home or go in, my risk is about the same.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I know there are several of us here on INGO. I was thinking this may be a good place for us to get together and see how we are doing. Also, post about any assistance which may or may not be coming for us. If the mods feel this is a ****y idea you will not hurt my feelings by deleting it.

I have owned a Forest River RV dealership in Fort Wayne for 12 years. Last year was a really bad year in the RV industry and I blew through a lot of savings to save the business. If this situation last too long I will not have a choice but to close. February was crazy busy and even up until 10 days ago I was moving units as fast as they were coming in then it was like someone turn off the spigot. The other issue I am having is my finance companies who I use so I can purchase units have cut us off, not just us, but all dealers nation wide. I have pretty much come to the realization I will be losing the business and while it stinks there is nothing I can do.

I hope you are fairing better.

I just googled rv dealers that sell Forest River RVs in Ft. Wayne and came up with this, but I don't know if this is Super Bee's place or not...

https://knottsrv.com/

I found the same, but would like conformation that's him.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ...What if it's Knott him? :joke:

Who's on first?

That never gets old. :):

Yes, that is me. I sent a PM as I did not want to ruffle any feathers by "advertising" my business on here.

Since its out, we are out of toy haulers at the moment. I ordered 12 in September and not one is in yet.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Yes, that is me. I sent a PM as I did not want to ruffle any feathers by "advertising" my business on here.

Since its out, we are out of toy haulers at the moment. I ordered 12 in September and not one is in yet.

I believe this is a little diffrent. Your not stepping on others advertising RV'S toes, and this thread is about helping other small businesses.

I could be wrong, but I sent you a message just the same

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

With that kind of backlog, I'm in the wrong business. I need to be making toy haulers.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Any idea why they're so backed up? I'm in the other side of the same business and demand has been wayyyy down.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    With that kind of backlog, I'm in the wrong business. I need to be making toy haulers.

Agreed.

I have not been happy about this at all. And it is not like I am a really small dealership. . . ok, I am and I am not. While I am not a Camping World I move over 150 a year. Which is not bad for myself, a service guy and 3 sales girls, one of which is my mom. Since last year was so bad I think they are only 3 to 4 days a week up there.

Top Bottom