• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who do you choose for Republican Presidential Nominee?

• Total voters

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    So what if they are. Even if 100% of every Paul supporter voted, it won't be enough. Paulbots (and I use that term affectionately, not disparagingly) are a small group of a small group. They are vocal, active, and visible. But so are the gay activists and how many of them are there relative to the total population.

Paul needs to rework his rhetoric because he comes across as either isolationist, idealistic to a fault, naive, or just plain idiotic. Americans don't understand his message because it's so foreign to their indoctrinated ears.

So, in other words you agree with him, but he's too crazy for you to acknowledge that you want to support him. :D

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If elections were held today, I'd vote Herman Cain. We shall see what happens between now and November 2012.
    Cain has zero understanding of the 1st Amendment, so I have a great fear that he's equally ignorant of the other 9. He's not going to get any traction with people who are paying attention to him.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I voted for and am firmly in support of Herman Cain. He has new, fresh and different ideas. I am SO FREAKING TIRED of hearing the same rehashed :poop: from both parties and Cain actually has new and different ideas that make sense and will work well. Until I found Herman Cain I was big on Bobby Jindal. I think he is eyeing 2016 or 2020 and that is why he stayed out this time. I look forward to seeing him run one day.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I still haven't made up my mind yet.
    Way too many volatile issues to discuss before a clear leader stands out for me.
    BUT!!
    I say we watch who the Lame Stream Media picks then make damn sure it's not that person.
    MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and the other Liberal/Democrat media will try to sway the Public to pick someone that Obama has a good chance of beating.
    Whomever they predict will be nominated should be avoided like the Plague.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    I think there is some truth to the idea that Ron Paul supporters are flooding polls, however that means that they are going to get out and vote. I don't think that he'll secure the nomination, but I think he'll cause some headaches during the primaries.

Perry is a snake. His record was exposed in front of everybody last night. Romney is a phoney, he is not a conservative. I cannot possibly understand why conservatives that cannot stand Obama's policies would support him. People need to spend less time judging candidates based off of these "debates," and start judging them based off of their records.

The more I read about Gary Johnson the more I like him. I hope he's able to inherit Ron Paul's support once Paul is done.

Not in straw polls. straw polls have to be from registered voters in the state and thats what is a huge factor. Ron Paul cant simply bus people in for a straw poll they actually have to be registered to vote in the state of the straw poll and have a legal residence. So in essence its in possible for paul bots to flood the straw polls. Sure paul bots in that state can flood the polls but thats a good show of who is actually active and will get out and vote.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    So, in other words you agree with him, but he's too crazy for you to acknowledge that you want to support him. :D

No, I have no problem admitting that I want to support him. And I agree with his fiscal/monetary and Constitutional platform almost completely. It's his foreign policy position that I find ludicrous and naive.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    No, I have no problem admitting that I want to support him. And I agree with his fiscal/monetary and Constitutional platform almost completely. It's his foreign policy position that I find ludicrous and naive.

This is an honest question, not meant to be sarcastic at all, but what are your views on foreign policy? What justifies the U.S. going to war? What wars have you strongly disagreed with in American history? :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is an honest question, not meant to be sarcastic at all, but what are your views on foreign policy? What justifies the U.S. going to war? What wars have you strongly disagreed with in American history? :)

I'm going to respond initially with a question of my own: why does everyone who supports Paul's foreign policy reduce it to the question of war?

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    Johnson. Fiscal Conservative with no social conservatism that just wants control how people think and act.

This of course means he has no chance of getting the nomination, as its the opposite of the Republic platform.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    At least he has good hair. He'll look great on TV when he concedes to Obama.
    :laugh: This would be my first time voting for a Republican candidate for president since Bush ran his first time. I am still hurting over that decision. Who knows...the republicans could screw around and give it to Romney or sneak Palin in and then I will be voting Obama:rockwoot:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Ron Paul has my vote for certain. All candidates have pros and cons. For me, I love RPs constitutional conservatism which is the center piece for his vision of our country.

His foreign policy beliefs leave some question marks in my mind but when I weigh it all out, my primary concerns lie with the over reaching .gov telling us how to think, how to live, what to eat, and wanting to spend us into unsustainability. I believe RP can help fix some of this.

Foreign wars, relief, trade, relations, etc...are secondary to me right now. Let's get jobs and get our rights and freedoms back. Besides, Obama has foreign policies have failed miserable!! Would RP really be worse?

Top Bottom