• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Not a gripe or a complaint but it simply shocks me selling things on here. I've sold about a dozen items on here and all but 2 people mailed me cash!!!! (the other sent money order, other was face to face)
    Now I'm not the type to ever screw someone, but these guys are people I've never met and probably never will, yet they trust sending cash with no way to track it!!!!!
    So short version is in a day and age of not trusting anyone its very refreshing knowing that there are still people out there who's word means something!!!! Happy to be a part of this forum

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd be more worried about someone in the postal system "losing" my letter than sending cash to a fellow INGOer. That said, I don't send cash through the mail to anyone.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I would never send cash to anyone for anything in the mail. Heck I put checks in Bday cards for family. I do not trust the postal system, and after doing alot of buying on eBay I am jaded on sellers as well. I will do small under 100 on paypal, if I feel they can be trusted. At least I would have a record.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I always send money orders.

Before I cancelled my gamefly subscription, I had to report 3 lost video games after they didn't receive after 2 weeks. One I found out they did receive as they sent me an email about it.

It's not that I don't trust someone, it's just that I have had bad experiences with games in the mail, why wouldn't they "lose" my money too?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I just mailed a check to an INGOer this morning...

Who would risk sending cash in the mail? At least with a check its harder for it to get "lost."

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    $10 is my limit for sending cash through the mail. If something happens to it, I guess I wasn't meant to have the item because I won't sending another payment.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have mailed checks to 2 different INGO members, 1 for a knife...this transaction was just an agreement, he sent the knife, I sent the check. The other check was for a larger amount on a currently pending deal, I have nothing in hand yet I've sent a check to hold the gun for me...and I sleep just fine.
    I have only been somewhat burned once on here, I GAVE some parts to a member, the agreement was he'd send payment for shipping only as I didn't need the parts....never got any payment.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I have received cash, checks, MO-I personally would send a MO just to be safe-
    Never had any issues (Knock on Wood) with the Post Office loosing anything.

And never had ANY ISSUES with any INGO member-:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'd never send cash, but not out of distrust to a member here...**** gets lost and "lost" in the mail.

$20.00 is my limit and I fold a piece of paper around it before putting it in an envelop so no one is able to see what's inside.

Top Bottom