• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    Where do all the INGOers go for spring break? Annual guys/girls trip somewhere warm or a week away with the kids?

I will be heading to Scottsdale, AZ for a week of golf on Tuesday. It's an annual "adult" spring break golf trip with a cousin and in-law and their friends; I got adopted into the group of 12 as I'm the youngest by about ten years. Golf, beer, gambling, and the elders of the group (read: 35-40) reliving their glory days. I WILL win the coveted net stroke play tournament trophy this year.

And one of the 12 is a federal agent in Chicago who has some of the greatest work stories I have ever heard. A lot more excitement up there than there is in Valpo.

So, INGO, where will your spring break travels take you?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Unknown. Maybe the shooting range. Gunshows. No telling what vacation. If anyone is coming to Texas I'll hit the range with them

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I've never done the spring break thing.

Even in college I stayed home, dedicated 8-10 hours to online poker and then went out at night. My best SB I won 15 grand...A solid portion of my gun collection was bought with that money.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    I've never done the spring break thing.

Even in college I stayed home, dedicated 8-10 hours to online poker and then went out at night. My best SB I won 15 grand...A solid portion of my gun collection was bought with that money.

Well done! A guy that lived down the hall from me my freshman year played online poker all the time. I don't think he slept. He had a safe in his room where he kept his winnings, though he would never say how much. But he had a lot of nice things so he didn't do too badly. Now he plays in WSOPs and is sponsored. Not a bad gig.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Either Turkey Run or Brown County, on consecutive weekday stays. That way there are no children around. I really hate when children spoil camping by crying or being loud. Nothing worse than that.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I will be going to and from work all week.

I have never done anything for spring break though, even back when I was in school.

Everyone that is traveling, I hope you all have a safe trip. :ingo:

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    My wife and I will be headed to Treasure Island , Florida. A full week of my feet in the sand, a cold beer in my hand and a countless number of good cigars.
    I hope all of you enjoy the time off if you get it as well.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We haven't decided yet... But leaning towards the New River Gorge area. Perhaps the Washington, DC area.

Not sure if we're going anywhere...or if we do, if we'll be taking the wee one.

-J-

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Technically, I don't get a "spring break" since I am no longer in school. The week the local schools are on break, I am taking that week off from work and going to Alabama to Tuscaloosa, going to volunteer with Samaritans Purse and rebuild homes.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Spring Break? Ha!

Even in college, that just meant working more hours. I'd max out my timesheets (2 jobs) while everyone else left for the week or more.

Nowadays, Spring Break means a quite few weeks at work. We primarily server the education industry, so when they are all on vacation, we get a little quieter in the office.

I suppose once my daughter is in school, our vacations will be timed around school breaks.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    late spring break; 7 of us (wife & I, 2 daughters, 1 SIL & 2 grand-kids) heading to Walt Disney World in late April -- will be staying at Fort Wilderness

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My wife and I will be headed to Treasure Island , Florida. A full week of my feet in the sand, a cold beer in my hand and a countless number of good cigars.
    I hope all of you enjoy the time off if you get it as well.

Beer and cigars sounds like a good time. I thought I was suppose to be going to Canada for a bachelor party but it looks like those plans got changed (most of the guys decided they didn't want to spend that kind of money...was supposed to be a 4-5 day thing). Instead I'll probably just take a rifle I'm going to be building in the next few weeks to the range. Probably will enjoy some nice cigars too since I haven't in awhile.

Top Bottom