• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    The early Glocks have "US" in the serial numbers. If it's an actual Gen 1, hang on to it. Those are not very common. Gen 2 pistols are far more common.

Here is the difference between the Glock generations:

GlockGenerations_zps0b743d80.jpg

Sharpie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    No problem at all with the LE marked mags. Perfectly legal, but they are older mags, so make sure they still function correctly. New springs are available for them for cheap, if you have any issues with feeding.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    US made Glocks are not that rare.

1st gen Glocks are rare, and none were US made, they just have US in the serial #.

Some 3rd gen Glocks are made in the USA but most are then sold in the foreign market. The Tenifer process that the Austrian factory uses doesn't meet US EPA regs.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    "US" stands for "unsatisfactory shooter" and was used by Glock to mark all their pistols that were undesirable.

You should really just sell it to me. You really won't be happy with it.

The Tupperware it's made out of is toxic to modern metal firearms like 1911s and such.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    "US" stands for "unsatisfactory shooter" and was used by Glock to mark all their pistols that were undesirable.

You should really just sell it to me. You really won't be happy with it.

The Tupperware it's made out of is toxic to modern metal firearms like 1911s and such.

:abused: You forgot the PURPLE, again... :abused:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where yours issued? Police, armed forces ect?

Where issued? Do you mean "were issued"?

If so, no, not police guns. I purchased my 1st Gens at Shoe's Gun Rack on the westside of Indy . . . a certain number of years ago.:D Ummm, like when they came out. Dude, I'm old.

The only police Glock I have is an M21 that has a golf divot out of the slide where it was stamped with the agency badge. I bought that at an Indy1500 as I needed a Glock .45 as when the giant rats are battling the giant cockroaches for control of the post-humanity world they will both be using AKs and Glocks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where issued? Do you mean "were issued"?

If so, no, not police guns. I purchased my 1st Gens at Shoe's Gun Rack on the westside of Indy . . . a certain number of years ago.:D Ummm, like when they came out. Dude, I'm old.

The only police Glock I have is an M21 that has a golf divot out of the slide where it was stamped with the agency badge. I bought that at an Indy1500 as I needed a Glock .45 as when the giant rats are battling the giant cockroaches for control of the post-humanity world they will both be using AKs and Glocks.
    There's a lawyer joke in there somewhere... ;):):

Top Bottom