• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Ok who out there has cast your vote? Not "gonna do it"... Not "will do it on Tuesday", etc. But who's gone and DONE it? We need all of the rational thinking folks out there that we can get in the voting booth.

I have.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    In Iraq, they used indelible ink on a person's finger (I think it was a thumb) to indicate that they had already voted. Hence they couldn't vote twice. It was something of a badge of honor since they had been unable to really vote for anything in so long... Hence the expression....

So did your wife vote like you told her to, Tommy??? (evil grin).... right back atcha... :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    aahhhhhhh ok, I understand now!!!!! Thanks for the explanation! I thought I was missing something when I went to vote ;)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Call me crazy, but with the exception of military and absentee ballots, I still think voting takes place on one day and one day only. I'm waiting for that day to roll around. November 2nd this year, if I'm not mistaken.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    I voted with my wife early this week and had to wait in line with TWO people in front of me! And I voted just like my conservative wife told me to. She actually studied for it and I took her word for it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Call me crazy, but with the exception of military and absentee ballots, I still think voting takes place on one day and one day only. I'm waiting for that day to roll around. November 2nd this year, if I'm not mistaken.

fair enough - but there was a LINE in Salem today. Took me half an hour... I take that as a good omen. People are pissed. And doing something about it . That's a GREAT thing! And I didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't vote on Tuesday. I travel out of state for a living. So I HAVE to do the absentee thing....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    In Iraq, they used indelible ink on a person's finger (I think it was a thumb) to indicate that they had already voted. Hence they couldn't vote twice. It was something of a badge of honor since they had been unable to really vote for anything in so long... Hence the expression....

So did your wife vote like you told her to, Tommy??? (evil grin).... right back atcha... :D
    Yes, she did, we made a list last week, researched candidates, talked to some. I'm lucky in that she agrees with me on the current state of the nation. Now if I could just get her to look the other way when I want a new gun.:patriot:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    fair enough - but there was a LINE in Salem today. Took me half an hour... I take that as a good omen. People are pissed. And doing something about it . That's a GREAT thing! And I didn't mean to imply that people shouldn't vote on Tuesday. I travel out of state for a living. So I HAVE to do the absentee thing....

LOL, no offense taken.

There's just a [STRIKE]small [/STRIKE]large part of me that has a fundamental opposition to increasing the chances of fraud. And the "early and often" voting scheme recently introduced seems ripe for it. To my knowledge, they have little oversight to ensure that a person who voted early can't show up on election day and vote again.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I whole heartedly agree. I just hope all the folks who are voting are doing it for the same reason, and maybe things will change.

I changed my voting philosophy this time around, I'm hoping others do as well, and aren't buying into all the mud slinging going on.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Should be 1 Verified Vote on 1 Election Day at Your Specified Polling Place with Valid Reason for Verified Absentee Ballot. This early Vote only encourages multiple ballots from the Dead, Made Up and Falsified. The old Democrat mantra of "Vote Early & Vote Often" has come to fruition :noway:

Top Bottom