• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • birdo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Lafayette, IN
    Rather than having to monitor all of that, I think we'll just assume we might have 100 shooters, and base the match plan around that number. Done.

RZ

Yup, I will never pre-register shooters for a club match. As far as this last match goes, yes we had some delays, but everything ran smoothly even without being able to preregister and plan for a certain number of shooters.

I lost a bay on Friday and therefore lost a stage. I would say that there is no need to plan any more, nothing would be gained by preregistering, because that's about the biggest monkey wrench that can be thrown into the mix.

As for the par time issue, I will address it for shooters at our next match. New shooters should expect to time out a few times (I did when I started, a lot). It forces you to incorporate some element of smooth speed into your strategy. It forces you to drop any unreliable gear and get back to basics (firearms that fire).

Like Ryan said. If I had been able to jump into the sport and be successful from the start, I would not be shooting it, let alone running matches now. Don't know about you guys, but I actually like a challenge. So do new shooters, so stop selling them short (on the internet)....

Top Bottom