• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was referring to the head to head steel race.

Im not saying that we shouldn’t score it and everyone should get a participation cookie at the end but there has to be some kind leveling because the 2 guys with a 9mm ARs are always going to come out on top.
    I’m an upper B level shooter, what level shooter would it take to beat me with a wheelgun? I’m not saying it couldn’t happen because I’m sure there are revolver guys that could smoke me on a 12 round COF.

To keep it fun and interesting I think there has to be some kind of leveling.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I was referring to the head to head steel race.

Im not saying that we shouldn’t score it and everyone should get a participation cookie at the end but there has to be some kind leveling because the 2 guys with a 9mm ARs are always going to come out on top.
    I’m an upper B level shooter, what level shooter would it take to beat me with a wheelgun? I’m not saying it couldn’t happen because I’m sure there are revolver guys that could smoke me on a 12 round COF.

To keep it fun and interesting I think there has to be some kind of leveling.

Hence the mandatory reload. After that they are on their own.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Hey I’m game!
    You guys have a lot more experience putting theses things together and I certainly appreciate the effort put into it.
    I’d like to get more involved once I’m back in town.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I think something like this could be a good time.
    Double elimination?
    Buy back in to a losers bracket?
    Who am I kidding it will take place on a weekend when I have to work.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I did this to eliminate the excuses for the wheel gun crowd and the small gun crowd. To be honest I hated doing it. But it is working out. The low capacity guns are not the ones winning the match or even placing at the top.

Hmmm, what is a good choice for a carry pistol match gamer gun then? Maybe a 4" XD?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Lol, that's the first pistol I ever bought, back in 2011. Now I want to take it to your carry match. I'll have to take the laser off so I don't get bumped to open...
    View attachment 69376

Leave it on and come on down. Still looking for an Open gun to win HOA. This would be a great thing for observations. Great shooter and ****ty gun, what will the results be?

Doyle23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2018
    New Castle
    Fall Creek Valley does this every 1st & 3rd of the month. It's a mirrored course of fire with about half that number of targets though. Normally ends with a dueling tree. Sometime they do round limits. It's very informal & fun. Open to non-members too. Check the calendar for times. $5 for members. Not sure about non-members $. There's one next Friday.

Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club

There website shows the third Friday of the month at 5:30p. Has anyone been there for this match?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Any time we have more matches to go to it is a good thing. In the 70's we had to drive 4 hours just to go to a combat match ran with a whistle and a stopwatch.. way to go Riley boys!!!

happy new year!!!!

Last edited:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    First Sunday of the Month is open in Northern Indiana. No USPSA anyway. I know there is a Saturday match for the first weekend in Lafayette. But nothing on Sunday.

These matches are a huge undertaking and there are very few people with the free time or the qualifications to put one on. For the few that do I salute you and appreciate every thing you give so we all can enjoy the sport. Maybe someday I will be able to afford the time to assist.

Top Bottom