• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Is it legal to carry an Ar or 22 rifle during archery season. I've seen more yotes this year than ever before. Seems their always out of reach with a bow. Usually when I see yotes theres no deer sightings. Figured if you could carry a rifle I would at least take a yote or two . Last night I hit a fawn bleat and had 2 come in. Seeing the same 2, 2 to 3 times a week here lately. Even had a bobcat sighting a couple weeks ago.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Not while bow hunting.

Shoot them with your bow, of if you have an LTCH, with a pistol.

Thats what I figured, I had one come within 5 yds of me last year while on the ground. He walked straight up to me. Brave or I had really good camo. Guess I'll start carring my S&W m19.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Why couldn't a person use the .22 for "Squirrel Hunting" and have the bow for Deer hunting at the exact same juncture??
    Or, for that matter, use the .22 for squirrels, and have the.44 mag in case you see a deer during firearm season.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    A similar question was asked of our resident CO on Ask A CO forum on my website

The question -

would also like to know if you can gun hunt turkey and bowhunt at the same time

The CO’s answer - “Yes”

http://huntingindiana.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=coanswers&action=display&thread=39628

Now, if one can use a bow and a gun while hunting turkeys I do not see why one cant hunt deer with a bow and coyotes with a gun??

I've had a coyote stalk my turkey decoy and IF it had been later in the morning he would have caught some 4x5x7 Nitros.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I know in the 09/10 guide there was a prohibition against firearms while archery hunting deer, because I had to show it to a couple of guest hunters who wouldn't believe it. Maybe they took it out for 11/12?

Miracles...

Top Bottom