• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    A women from Chicago keeps calling our range today wanting to sell us a cleanup service for the lead and brass removal. She is an older women who just isn't all there.

My wife has tried and tried to explain to her each time she calls that we are a lead free range using frangible ammunition and we either sell, reload, recycle or give back to our main mfg. all brass and recycle the copper/tin dust. She just keeps saying oh so you don't want our business huh? She then hangs up and calls back a little while later.

Finally, after numerous calls, my wife just hung up on her at which time she called right back and I answered the phone. She then started yelling at me and calling my wife a *****. This was so absurd and the women was so mean that I decided to have a little fun. I know, I am bad.

So in a calm manner I tried to explain why my wife was getting upset at her calling so much. She then said she hadn't. I said I have a record of the phone calls. She then said I must have been listed under different names. I asked what names. She then cussed me out. I calmly asked what business she was with and to speak to her supervisor. She cussed me out again and then hung up.

Caller ID is wonderful so I called HER back. Went to VM the first time then on the second try she answered. I asked again what company and to speak to her supervisor. She said is was none of my ^(&(& business and that she was the supervisor. I asked her name and she said it was none of my ()&()&* business again and I said I was going to back trace the call anyway so she might as well tell me. She then said she was now scared and cussed me out again and called my wife a ***** again and said she didn't want to do business with me! LOLOLOL. Really. I am heartbroken. We are waiting for her to call again since she has called atleast ten times today so far.
    Oh yeah and she is from Chicago to boot. I love my job! lol

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    could contact the BBB

Yeah I thought of that but she is from Chicago and I doubt she is trying to scam anyone just a bitter old women is is just not all there. Really mean though.

I know I shouldn't have had fun but she was so mean and very persistent. Hasn't called back as of yet.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah I thought of that but she is from Chicago and I doubt she is trying to scam anyone just a bitter old women is is just not all there. Really mean though.

I know I shouldn't have had fun but she was so mean and very persistent. Hasn't called back as of yet.

You should take the numbers off your building so she can't find you.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Did she SAY she was from Chicago or did the caller ID put her there? This could also be a couple bored teenagers? (Now that I'm an old man all of the worlds problems can be blamed on kids.)

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Did she SAY she was from Chicago or did the caller ID put her there? This could also be a couple bored teenagers? (Now that I'm an old man all of the worlds problems can be blamed on kids.)

872 area code. We looked it up and it said Chicago. This was definitly an older women. It just became so funny. Every time she called back my wife tried to explain things to her and she just kept talking and wouldn't listen.

When I spoke with her she just kept calling my wife names and was so mad my wife hung up on her. First she swore she never called before and when I explained I had the time/date stamps of each call she said it was my fault that I was listed under different names and cussed me out. I asked what names and she cussed me out again. It wasn't teenagers. If I thought it was teenagers I would have REALLY had some fun with them.
    If I had thought quick enough I should have done one of those responses you hear on Bob and Tom to telemarketers. Said it was a crime scene or something. LOL. If she calls back maybe I will.
    I like the crime scene one. Can't remember the other parities. Anyone have a good suggestion on what I could pretend to be or say in response to really screw with her?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Anyone have a good suggestion on what I could pretend to be or say in response to really screw with her?

Act like you called her and you're trying to find out your order status, or trying to buy a pizza, or, geez, just about any business you could think of.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Act like you called her and you're trying to find out your order status, or trying to buy a pizza, or, geez, just about any business you could think of.

I thought of that too. I thought about calling her and offering to clean her pipes or something. LOLOL. She has the range number on caller ID now and I really don't want her to have my cell # so I decided against it. Maybe I will use my wife's cell or maybe one of the employees. Hey, Fred (sureshot129) can I use your cell phone? LOLOL..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I thought of that too. I thought about calling her and offering to clean her pipes or something. LOLOL. She has the range number on caller ID now and I really don't want her to have my cell # so I decided against it. Maybe I will use my wife's cell or maybe one of the employees. Hey, Fred (sureshot129) can I use your cell phone? LOLOL..

No no no, you wait until she calls you and then just start talking like you called her. Ignore her when she gets confused. Pretend you're trying to pay an invoice and get angry when she won't transfer you to Billing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No no no, you wait until she calls you and then just start talking like you called her. Ignore her when she gets confused. Pretend you're trying to pay an invoice and get angry when she won't transfer you to Billing.

I like that! And then when she hangs up, call her back and then pretend she just called you. :D

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009

I like that!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom