• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Inside Combat Rescue | National Geographic Channel

The elite Combat Rescue members of the U.S. Air Force, Pararescuemen, or PJs, have one mission: rescue American or Allied forces in extreme danger. Whether their targets are shot down or isolated behind enemy lines, surrounded, engaged, wounded, or captured by the enemy, PJs will do whatever necessary to bring those in peril home. For the first time in their history, the PJs allow camera crews to cover their missions in Afghanistan. Inside Combat Rescue is the story of the lives of these elite airmen.
    I saw a commercial for this show, and started DVR'ing it. Only got a chance to watch it last night (after the IU game - seemed somewhat fitting).

REALLY good show. I mean, really. Reminded me alot of the show on G4 about the bomb disposal guys in Afghanistan, but enough different to still seem new.

Last night's episode had a short bit where they talked about Medical ROEs. It was a real-life lesson in how military bureaucracies can end up in results that seem absurd.

Almost posted this in General Political, tho, because there are some "big picture" issues that are just beneath the surface.

Also, blog post on the first episode from a guy who "been there, done that."
    Inside Combat Rescue: Episode One | Hot Extract

ETA: Searched and didn't find any reference to the show. Hope this isn't a dupe. :)

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Family and I have watched every episode. It is really good. Last year there was a show that was very similar format on G4 called "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan". Recorded every episode of that one as well.

Dirty Steve

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    My Jarhead son considers my time in the USAF as the "Boy Scouts" (and he's right), but when he talks about PJs it's another story.

"Those guys are nuts," he says. And he says it with reverence.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    If you look on youtube there are some very good quality uploads of atleast 3 episodes.

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    This show makes most of the other so-called "realism" shows look pathetic. God bless those guys. At a time when I despair for America's youth, they give me a great deal of hope for the future.

I've heard that they are having a hard time trying to have their education/experience translated to the civilian world of EMS when they get back. I'd like to see them fast-tracked into becoming paramedics.

I had over 30 years on the Indianapolis Fire Department. If I had my way, the first question asked of a perspective recruit would be "May I see your Honorable Discharge."

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    A high school buddy of mine did this for 6 years until the last year or so. He loved it.

Can't say I was ever interested in the USAF. That is before learning of his role in this MOS.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    I love this show so far. I actually made my 13 yr old son watch it last night so he could see what the real world is all about. Not this fake ass reality TV kids seem to think is real now a days. Really gives you a good insight as to what our guys are doing over there.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    It's too bad this show will probably never show some of the truly heroic things the PJs do like going after downed pilots/helicopters/special ops teams in the heat of battle. All they've really shown so far is their taxi service job from the battlefield to the hospital.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Oh, my, God. Watched the first episode this morning on Netflix. Normally I "binge watch" these kind of shows but I need to take a break after that. It's said a lot but never enough: much love and respect to all the service men and women who are overseas doing this everyday.

Top Bottom