• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    How frustrating! I had to order a $119 tool to remove the sites because a punch and hammer just weren't working. They must really glue them on from the factory. I called around and no gun shop wanted to touch it. I was told just to send it back to Sig for sight install which is ridiculous. Where is the customer service anymore? If I had a gun shop I'd stock one of the tools just to help customers out.

On the other hand, Springfield gladly installed night sites for me for free up at the CMP games at Camp Perry a year or so ago. That is customer service!

Rant over!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Well if you've already ordered the tool all I can say is you didn't call the right place, although if you are expecting a shop to invest in the $119 tool and then install sights you bought somewhere else for free I think that's asking a little too much.. . Just my :twocents:
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Did you ask for help with the sights on here? If you did, I'm sorry I missed it. I could have helped you with your sights if you're anywhere near Evansville. I already have the Sig sight tool.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Well if you've already ordered the tool all I can say is you didn't call the right place, although if you are expecting a shop to invest in the $119 tool and then install sights you bought somewhere else for free I think that's asking a little too much.. . Just my :twocents:
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    AMEN, to this ... NO one in business, is going to make an investment, and then do work for free... but the exception may be if you buy the sights from that shop, then they might install for free ... :twocents: JMHO ...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    For about $30 more you could have sent it back to Sig, had it completely gone through and new night sites installed. The last time I checked it was About $150.

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

I agree entirely, I fully expected to pay to have the sights installed. I only bought the sights online because nobody had the specific type I wanted in stock. Nothing comes for free. But yes, Springfield did the install free because I owned one of their guns and bought the sights from them.

My only point was that the sights are a bear to get off the gun! :(

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Did you ask for help with the sights on here? If you did, I'm sorry I missed it. I could have helped you with your sights if you're anywhere near Evansville. I already have the Sig sight tool.

Very kind of you, but unfortunately I'm not anywhere near Evansville!

Top Bottom