• ...and so much more!
  • UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    I want a single stack 10mm MOS Glock.

It seems everyone and their brother who likes Glock pistols wants them to make a single stack version of the 19 or 26. The introduction of the Model 42 satiated some, made others hopeful for a 9x19 version, and drew the ire of the rest for making that pistol in the 2mm too short 9mm.

However, I have a completely different view. The 42 and the previous 36 aren't much thinner in the slide than their nearest twin column magazine counter parts. I've met people with small hands who have no problem gripping a 26 or 19 (or equivalent frame in other calibers). I wear size XL gloves, and I still find Glock's double stack 10mm and .45 ACP grips, even the short frame versions, to be obnoxiously large. The Glock model 40 MOS actually interests me, but with that huge grip I'd hate it. I'm probably one of a too small minority of customers for it to be profitable though.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have a Gen4 G20 and without any back straps attached it feels slimmer than the Gen3 short frame model. I already have single stack 10mm's that are alot softer to shoot so a single stack Glock wouldn't interest me. I like the G20 for its capacity. A slimmer slide would interest me, but I don't think it's possible due to the high pressures of full bore 10mm ammo.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    So you want Glock to make a gun that will sell literally dozens of copies instead of one that they will sell all they can produce in the first two years?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've never shot a single stack, so what's the attraction to them? Are they really that much better to shoot and carry?

I actually LIKE the wide grip of my Glock 26, 19 and 17...

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I've never shot a single stack, so what's the attraction to them? Are they really that much better to shoot and carry?

I think a single stack 9mm would be too skinny for me. I think the slimmer profile of a single stack large frame auto makes it much more comfortable to carry (IWB) and a more comfortable grip for people with smaller hands.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Easier to conceal is my primary objective. I carry my G20 when I don't care, my G29 when I should discreet, and my G36 when it is more important to be discreet.

UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    So you want Glock to make a gun that will sell literally dozens of copies instead of one that they will sell all they can produce in the first two years
    No, the last thing I wrote was: "I'm probably one of a too small minority of customers for it to be profitable though." As in, I'm acknowledging that Glock won't ever make such a pistol because they wouldn't sell enough of them. My alternative is to pay more for a 10mm 1911 and mount an optic on it; but at least those are fairly available.

The 17/19/26 (and their other caliber variants) aren't bad at all. The 20/21 and their offspring are wider and have much larger grip circumferences.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My wife's firearm is a Ruger LC9s. She loves it and I wouldn't mind it as my own appendix CCW. I am leaning toward a G26 as my new carry. I would love to see a single stack Glock in 9mm to compare. I'm sure it would feel like a G42.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have a Glock carbine.....well sort of. A Mech-Tech on a G21 frame. The benefit is that I have a carbine that can switch to a pistol and vice versa. The best of both worlds.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I think people want a small, thin pistol for conceal carry.
    When a gun gets smaller the recoil gets more noticeable.
    Most people think of the .380 as anemic at best.
    The biggest round that is shootable, packs a bit of punch, and popular enough to be available is the 9mm.
    I think the recoil of a 10mm on a small pistol is going to be fierce.
    No one would want to shoot it.
    If you make a full or medium size pistol single stack, then you are sacrificing capacity for not very much extra concealment at all.
    So, why not go ahead and have the double stack capacity.

This is how I see it generally, but I think it is the opinion of the gun buying masses in general.

UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    If you make a full or medium size pistol single stack, then you are sacrificing capacity for not very much extra concealment at all.
    So, why not go ahead and have the double stack capacity.
    First, because all the capacity in the world is useless with a grip so large that many people find it uncomfortably large, i.e. current double stack .45 and 10mm Glocks. Second, the Glock Model 40 (the 10mm long slide model) is primarily marketed by Glock as a hunting pistol. I'm all for unrestricted capacity on hunting guns, but I also don't see 15 rounds of 10mm being a huge advantage over 8 or 9 rounds of 10mm in a hunting pistol. So, why not make the pistol more comfortable to hold?

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    First, because all the capacity in the world is useless with a grip so large that many people find it uncomfortably large, i.e. current double stack .45 and 10mm Glocks. Second, the Glock Model 40 (the 10mm long slide model) is primarily marketed by Glock as a hunting pistol. I'm all for unrestricted capacity on hunting guns, but I also don't see 15 rounds of 10mm being a huge advantage over 8 or 9 rounds of 10mm in a hunting pistol. So, why not make the pistol more comfortable to hold?
    If enough people show interest (($$$)) in the new 10mm models, maybe they will think about it. But I'm not holding my breath. They can't even make the model that everyone is already screaming for.

Top Bottom