• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Their own, that is.

Health insurance: Big medical insurers to stop selling new child-only policies - latimes.com

Good for Anthem and the other insurance companies. If you can't be profitable then you have an obligation to your shareholders to fold up and kill bad product lines. The fact that government action caused this is shameful.

From the article:

Insurers need to decide if they are in the business of providing care or denying coverage," said Anthony Wright, executive director of Health Access California, a consumer group.

No Mr Wrong, companies are in the business to make a profit. If they can't make a profit they will put their money into ventures that will make money. You and your fellow barking moon bats can howl at the moon all you want, but the reality is you and your ilk doomed these insurance programs, just like you've doomed our health care system in general.

You don't have a market if you don't have a buyer and a seller.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    you and your ilk doomed these insurance programs, just like you've doomed our health care system in general.

You don't have a market if you don't have a buyer and a seller.

Sadly, I think that was the point behind the structure of the legislation.

They knew they couldn't get the UK-style single-payer passed, so they structured this thing to 1) drive smaller competitors out of the market and 2) cause others to quit issuing certain types of policies so they would be easier targets for demagoguery eventually leading the people to demand single payer.

Of course, it could just be dumb luck on their part...I prefer the evil and conniving explanation...it better fits the facts.:twocents:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^ This...

I recall a story I heard that went like this.
    City Folk asked a farmer: How did you get some many wild mustangs fenced in?
    Farmer: Simple one wall of fence @ a time.

You see the first week I just added the west side fence. The mustangs did not mind it since they could go around it. To entice them to stay on the "right" side of the fence I left them some oat buckets.

The next week I add the east side fence. Again the mustangs did not mind it since they could go around it. To entice them to stay in between the east-west fence lines I again letf some oats.

The 3rd week I added the south side fence which connected the west and east fence lines. Again the mustangs did not mind it since they could still get out of the box and were actually getting use to the walls and moreover they knew that food could be easily obtained inside the fence area.

By the 4th week the mustangs were inside the area waiting for me to bring out the oats! Added the final fence line to seal them in was easy at that point!

Top Bottom