• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just signed up renters and auto with safeco, when i asked them about firearms, the lady said they cover everything in the apartment, i took a bunch of pictures of everything i have, for proof and will store it off site. I asked her if i needed to prove serial numbers or receipts and she said nope! i'm gonna look further into this once it takes effect today, but thats what the lady said.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Have you processed claims for firearm losses? How did it go for the client?
    % of value paid back? Deductible?
    Timeliness of claim to payment?
    Your company vs others?
    Yes. They have all went well and they received their check quickly. The amount paid back and the deductible is going to depend on your policy. If you schedule the item, you and your insurer have agreed upon the value of the item, and that is the amount you will receive in a claim. If you decide on blanket coverage, where you do not list and agree upon the value of the item, you will most likely only get actual cash value in the event of a covered loss. With all companies, you will normally receive your payment for a covered loss in less than 2 weeks. If it takes longer, something is up. I have seen clients forget to do things which extended the waiting time. I have seen agents and adjusters dillydally and cause the wait time to be extreme (I had one this year that took 5 months to receive payment...wasn't a good experience). If you are with a company that is well known and a top 10 Property and Casualty company, you will more than likely not experience a very long wait (it is not uncommon for a client to get a check within 5 days). They are at the top for a reason, and usually handle claims well. I don't have "a" company I work for, as I am independent and represent more than a dozen companies (about half of the top 10 P&C companies as well).

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    zippy23 said:
    I just signed up renters and auto with safeco, when i asked them about firearms, the lady said they cover everything in the apartment, i took a bunch of pictures of everything i have, for proof and will store it off site. I asked her if i needed to prove serial numbers or receipts and she said nope! i'm gonna look further into this once it takes effect today, but thats what the lady said.

SafeCo does not have a limitation on firearms, for everyone's information.

Last edited:

Muzzle Flash

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Valpo
    Just got married (fourth)and sat down with my wife's agent .I told my wife , we should combine insurance.Why in the hell women think when you say we should combine insurance policies they automatically think your going to go to there company.I have 2000.00 included in homeowner and pay 10.00 per 2,000.00 rider for all my sport equipment.You keep the paperwork and pictures for your equipment till there's a claim.And who the heck doesn't have a whole bunch of pictures of there guns.

Top Bottom