• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    After kicking it around a lot I have decided that a .22 suppressor will be my first NFA item instead of 5.56 right now. The two that I narrowed it down to are the Operative integrally suppressed barrel and the Zephyr XL. They both have their pros and cons but I like them both. The Zephyr allows me to change the can between pistols and rifles with threaded barrels and not limited to just one. However, the Operative is ultra quiet and to be honest looks badass:D Any suggestions from others who have had experience with suppressors on what might be the better route? I am open to all advice.

And before anyone asks I am using Corey from SSNFA and will be buying my can at the 1500 from him.

Thanks!

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Any suggestions from others who have had experience with suppressors on what might be the better route? I am open to all advice.

Between the two and being your first I would go with the XL. Gives you the ability to do pistol or rifle and not limit yourself while you wait on your next :D Just my :twocents: I do have the XL and am happy with mine.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The Operative is a sweet piece of equipment and so is the Zephyr. If the 10/22 keeps you happy as the only .22 you want quiet go for the Operative. The Zephyr gives you the option of switching between multiple hosts. I guess its more of a question how much bang (or lack of) do you want for your buck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i ask myself the same question a few months ago. i decided to go with a removable can. the reason is its my first nfa item and i want to get as much use out of a single item as possible. if i continue down the nfa road i will get more specific items

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Being your first NFA item, I would definitely do a screw on can. That way you have an excuse to buy more guns. I mean after all, you need a pistol host, then a semi auto rifle host, then a bolt action rifle host, then a .22 machine gun, and so on...

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I remember buying my first can, thinking... oh Ill get one I can swap between guns...

Now I realize thats a lie, they almost never leave a set host.

Don't get one or the other.. get both. After you have the first your going to want a second, so just start with 2 and skip the longer wait.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I remember buying my first can, thinking... oh Ill get one I can swap between guns...

Now I realize thats a lie, they almost never leave a set host.

Don't get one or the other.. get both. After you have the first your going to want a second, so just start with 2 and skip the longer wait.

You have no idea how tempting this is right now. However, if I do that then it would be a 9mm can to go with the .22 right now.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    You have no idea how tempting this is right now. However, if I do that then it would be a 9mm can to go with the .22 right now.

Hey man, whatever mix you want to get, but this supressor thing is even more addicitve than the black rifle fever. You can't just get one....

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've got both a Tactical Innovations Tac 64 screw on can and a Tactical Solutions Sawtooth integral barrel. I'd go with a screw on type can over an integral barrel for the versatility of it.

grubby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Posey County IN
    Very interesting thread. I'm contemplating the same scenario myself. I like the idea of an integral barrel for my upcoming 10/22 build but having 2 rifles with different intended purposes (beer cans vs sub MOA grouping) it makes more sense to have a screw on can.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    It depends on how long a weapon you want, and how many stamps you want to buy. Think of an integrally suppressed rifle as a suppressed SBR. Two stamps. $400. Integrally suppressed rifle is one stamp. $200.

I'm quite certain Hush attendees will be able to see several configurations of 10/22 rifles, integrally suppressed and with muzzle attached suppressors.

Top Bottom