• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I'm 59 years old. Say I build an unserialized AR15. I have NO intention to sell this weapon. However, in 20 years my health is poor and I have to go into assisted living. I decide to sell all my firearms because I can no longer keep/use.them safely. Is it NOW a crime to SELL my unserialized AR15????

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    For records sake ........I suppose ( for a minimal fee ) one could sell a "Treasure Map" of your last known canoe trip .
    Disclaimer Note *** Should not be construed as legal advice..........;)
    treasure map.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If you want the long answer it can be found here: Defense Lawyer Selling Homemade Firearm
    Interesting. This sort of strikes me that who would know who made the homemade gun in the first place? If there are no identifying marks, everyone keeps their mouths shut and noses clean, who’d ever be the wiser that you gave your old homemade AR to your grandson or sold it to your neighbor?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    How would anyone know who "made" it? The person you "sell" it to could be the one who "made" it with the wave of a magic make believe wand...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm 59 years old. Say I build an unserialized AR15. I have NO intention to sell this weapon. However, in 20 years my health is poor and I have to go into assisted living. I decide to sell all my firearms because I can no longer keep/use.them safely. Is it NOW a crime to SELL my unserialized AR15????
    Easy. Do the Prohibition thing. Sell them a ham sandwich for $500 and after they do, GIFT them the gun. :):
    Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, I seem to recall that you ca build your own firearm, but until and unless it is serialized, it cannot be sold or gifted. I'm not sure about willed.

I am not a lawyer.
    I do not play one on TV
    I did not sleep at a holiday inn express last night.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No. My best to you.

Top Bottom