• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Well, I managed to pick up an Interarms 'Walther' PPK this weekend. I'm a bit confused, as the slide is clearly marked .32 ACP, and it has a 'B' prefix serial number, indicating .32 ACP, but the frame assembly matches that of the .22lr models (Wrap-around wood-grip covering the mainspring). Anyone have any ideas as to what I've got here? The fit/finish is quite good, minus a couple chips in the grip.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Did you get this factory fresh, or as a gently used handgun? It sounds like a Frankenstein mix of parts.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The PPK has a wrap around grip, while the PP and PPKs have grip panels. Could you post a photo? It sounds like you have a PPK and, if so, a wrap around grip is normal.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Any way you could post a couple of pictures? This sounds curious. I love a puzzle!

Ask and ye shall receive. I got this previously enjoyed. There's some slight chipping at the top rear of the grips, and the bore looks new.

RBQzgMe.jpg

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Your pistol is a PPK. The PPK is a more compact version of the PP, both the slide/barrel and the grip are shorter. After the GCA 0f '68, the PPK was no longer legal to import. The PPKs is a combination of the slide and barrel of the PPK with the frame of the PP, you have the shorter barrel and slide of the PPK but the longer grip of the PP.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Your pistol is a PPK. The PPK is a more compact version of the PP, both the slide/barrel and the grip are shorter. After the GCA 0f '68, the PPK was no longer legal to import. The PPKs is a combination of the slide and barrel of the PPK with the frame of the PP, you have the shorter barrel and slide of the PPK but the longer grip of the PP.

:yesway: I approve of this message!

Top Bottom