• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    No the search is really horrible. If you go to google and type site:ingunowners.com and whatever your searching for you will probably find it that way. Welcome to ingo.

I agree I never find anything with the INGO search thing. :rolleyes:
    Unless the thread has some good tags its hard to find what you are looking at.

Kel-Tec 9mm are cheap and very easy to conceal carry, both the PF9 and the P11.Good quality for what you pay for and I think they look good.
    Not like some really cheap guns who look UGLY.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My usual carry piece is a Kel Tec P11. Small, lightweight, easy to conceal under a t-shirt. 9mm is a + for me. Also, I LIKE the long double action trigger, I trust it much more than any manual safety. It's also very reliable, the only failures I've had with it were FTE's when I accidentally loaded it with .380 (whoops!). And they're [STRIKE]cheap[/STRIKE] inexpensive!

The PF9 is a good option as well, but I like the double stack magazine of the P11, with which you can carry up to 12 rounds using an optional factory magazine (standard is 10 rounds).

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My usual carry piece is a Kel Tec P11. Small, lightweight, easy to conceal under a t-shirt. 9mm is a + for me. Also, I LIKE the long double action trigger, I trust it much more than any manual safety. It's also very reliable, the only failures I've had with it were FTE's when I accidentally loaded it with .380 (whoops!). And they're [STRIKE]cheap[/STRIKE] inexpensive!

The PF9 is a good option as well, but I like the double stack magazine of the P11, with which you can carry up to 12 rounds using an optional factory magazine (standard is 10 rounds).

I like the P11 better too.
    You can actually carry 12+1 or even 15+1 with another factory mag.
    That's a lot of rounds for such a compact 9mm.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    With the PF9, just watch out for the mag eject button. Many folks hit this with their thumb accidentally on firing, and it drops the mag. Don't know if this applies to the P11.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a Kel Tec P32 as does my wife too. I carry mine more than any of my other carry pistols of which I have several. My Kel Tec has never malfunctioned and shoots a remarably tight group for such as small pistol which is why I carry more than any of the others. When I first put it in an ankle holster I had to check it to see if it was still there. Six ounces empty isn't much.

Terry

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    A good buddy of mine has a PF-9 with close to a thousand rounds through it. Never a malfunction to speak of. A nice small carry piece in my opinion.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Just put another box of 9mm through my P11 yesterday. Like others have mentioned, it kicks pretty good, but if you manhandle (use 100% grip with both hands like magpul teaches in their Art of the Dynamic Handgun DVD) it is actually really controllable. I took some 600 Grit sand paper and smoothed out the mold lines on the frame, polished the barrel and feedramp, and polished the trigger mech to smooth it out, and it is a great gun. I carry it when my Glock 22 is too big, or when I am wearing sweats or gym shorts. All in all I am pretty happy with it. I am thinking about texturing the grip on it when I get back up to my step dad's shop and borrow his soldering iron.

For the price, I say go for it. I am so pleased with mine I am debating getting another someday.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    The price makes you worry that the quality is not there but I have found that they are affordable and reliable pistols.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a PF9 and it's nice. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it since it's so light, but it is extremely easy to conceal. I haven't had issues with anything on the firearm however my understanding is that kel-tec will fix anything that people have reported. I believe there is a kel-tec gun owners forum that lists the various issues by serial number and if you send it back, they'll replace whatever the issue is.
    I'm actually thinking of selling mine soley based on the felt recoil and my large hands unless I can find an add-on grip that I like to fatten it up just a bit.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I carry a P32 most of the time, sometimes as primary and sometimes as backup to my Kahr K40 or other carry pistol. I guess that shows that I regard it well since I'm willing to trust my life to it.

nascar6829

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    I bought a Taurus .380 at the same time my buddy bought a Kel tec. We took them to the range and both agreed the Taurus was better in several aspects. Jams, comfort to hold, and accuracy. To each his own. If a guy can afford a Smith Wesson I would definitely go that route.

Top Bottom