• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    We just went 8 days without power due to hurricane Matthew. The only way in or out of our property was by boat. We used a 5kw portable generator to keep refrigerator cold and cell phones charged. I installed a hand pump on our second well last year which we used for our water. Used grills to cook and heat water. We really didn't have any problems for those 8 days because the weather was gorgeous and we got cleanup done as the water receded.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Power goes out, genny comes on. Enough propane to go a long time and you can't see the lights from the road.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The story is also a good commentary on green energy. What did progressives use for light before candles? Electricity.

I consider 3 days without electricity to be seriously nothing. It happened here a couple of years ago and no one seemed to care. I do want/need one of those wood fired water boilers now though...

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Foos, water, a heat source and warm clothes, ammo... I will be OK as long as I last. Someone can take what is left after that as far as I care. :yesway:

Certain items in my prep I would not want to fall into the wrong hands if something were to happen to me.
    Still trying to figure out how to if possible, dispose of or make inoperable in such case.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Certain items in my prep I would not want to fall into the wrong hands if something were to happen to me.
    Still trying to figure out how to if possible, dispose of or make inoperable in such case.

Explosives, just remember booby-traps are agnostic. They don't care who they kill.

Top Bottom