• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    and in a question-and-answer session with reporters Tuesday, Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, "If somebody pointed a
    gun at you, and you had a gun in your pocket, what would you do?"

Thought this was an interesting quote from our favorite Anti mayor. :rolleyes:

Bystander shot in Empire State attack defends New York police - U.S. News

For comments about the actual shooting and or bystanders hurt please see these threads
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._building_shooting_hit_by_police_bullets.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...c_mayor_bloomberg_downplays_cop_shooting.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/231676-shooting_at_empire_state_building.html

I made this thread to highlight/comment about Bloomberg's quote and the irony of it!

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    That's an ironic question from Bloomberg. IF he had his way, there wouldn't be an IF for any law-abiding resident or visitor. So it's a moot question.

He should have just told the reporters that as non-police they aren't qualified to exercise deadly force or even speculate on proper police conduct. How dare they question the NYPD!:rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess if we lived in your jurisdiction Mayor Nanny Mikey we would just have to curl up and die because we are not afforded those same options to be able and try to defend ourselves. :n00b:

I would sooner live in an isolated cave with a pack of dumb hedgehogs than live in a city governed by the likes of him. :rolleyes:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is merely proof that His Dishonor fully understands the RKBA, he just thinks it is only valid for certain people. Put more succinctly, "Some are more equal than others."

That elitist rectal orifice needs to find himself in the situation his constituents are placed in merely by their perceived necessity of living or working within the five boroughs: Being made helpless and defenseless by administrative fiat and having to choose between being a live criminal or a dead statistic.

Personally, I'm seeing parallels between the most populous city in this country's borders and the Peoples' Republic of China, insofar as the value of a human life to the powers that be.

Blessings,
    Bill

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Mayor Michael Bloomberg said, "If somebody pointed a gun at you, and you had a gun in your pocket, what would you do?"

This quote really does beg further analysis. How would a citizen or visitor get a permit to carry a gun on the streets of NY, if that is even allowed at all except for LEOs? And if they were not issued a permit, due to overly burdensome gun laws, what on earth would he expect them to do if someone really pointed a gun at them while they had NO gun in their pocket? ...pray maybe?

Bloomberg should ask the dead victim's family what they think he might have done if he had a gun in his pocket! Bloomberg is essentially saying "DUH, my officers are not going to let someone shoot them, shooting back is obviously the only smart option," and while this is absolutely common sense, he is outright mocking everyone else's inability to cope with an existential threat.

It is hypocrisy, and elitism, and it is also has been unconstitutional for about the last 225 years to deny lawful citizens the right to self defense, so why does being in a big city allow politicians to change god given rights?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Michael Bloomberg: We Need To Disarm Minorities *UPDATE: AUDIO ADDED | Dana Loesch Radio

Not sure which Bloomberg related thread to put this in, but this seems as good as any.

The nation's biggest gun control advocate says that minorities should be disarmed for their own good, proving that the racist roots of gun control are alive and well.

Heaven forbid he suggest memebers of the community most likely to be victimized should be allowed to defend themselves.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have not clicked the link yet, but at first blush, I can see one possible reasoning for it, with which I disagree.
    The majority of gun-related violence, we are told, is "Black on Black" or "Hispanic on Hispanic" or whatever minority fits the description, the important point being that those committing the crimes are from that portion of our total population. Given that, yes, I can see how someone might wrong-headedly think that taking the guns away from those specific people would reduce the violence.

Just as cutting out the tongues of rich rectal orifices would prevent them from speaking to take away the lawful ability of others to exercise their natural rights.

Blessings,
    Bill

Michael Bloomberg: We Need To Disarm Minorities *UPDATE: AUDIO ADDED | Dana Loesch Radio

Not sure which Bloomberg related thread to put this in, but this seems as good as any.

The nation's biggest gun control advocate says that minorities should be disarmed for their own good, proving that the racist roots of gun control are alive and well.

Heaven forbid he suggest memebers of the community most likely to be victimized should be allowed to defend themselves.

Top Bottom