• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, the 'moving back and forth into the left lane will actually slow everyone down' is a fallacious argument. The reason? Because, if that 'slower driver' isn't passing, they should not be returning to the left lane. If they are passing, then they've already (or should have) sped up before entering the left lane to pass. Hence, it does not inhibit the flow of traffic.

'Oddly' enough, the left / inner lane has long been known as the 'passing lane'. There's a reason for that.

The concept that the 'cops aren't going to enforce the law because they'll be after the 'speeder'' is, likewise, a fallacious argument. The driver the LEO should be concerned with is the one creating the traffic hazard.

Driving over the speed limit (and for those who'll make some lame, ludicrous 'argument', we'll discount the guy in the Veyron driving at 257 mph) doesn't, in and of itself, create the hazard. And most assuredly, the 'lackadaisical' driver in the left lane does create a hazard, or a potential one.

And what is the 'reasoning' for the lackadaisical driver being in the left lane, anyway? Most often, "because I CAN! I have the RIGHT!!" Oh, AND to annoy the drivers behind them, purposefully.

And nowadays, how frequently do we find some driver in the left lane, poking along, maybe even under the speed limit, also with a cell phone stuck in their ear, blabbing away? 'Frequently', frequently.

It's the slower drivers inhibiting traffic flow and causing quicker drivers to maneuver around them that create the hazards and potential accidents.

The solution is simple. Prefer to drive slower, take all the time in the world, and chat away or sing along to the radio? Fine, do so in the right lane(s).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I think I hear Handel's Hallelujah Chorus playing.

The law didn't seem to make a difference yesterday out on 37. Tons of people still hanging out in the left lane going well below the limit. Wonder if the local PD's will be enforcing it to keep traffic flowing? Or just the ISP guys?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The law didn't seem to make a difference yesterday out on 37. Tons of people still hanging out in the left lane going well below the limit. Wonder if the local PD's will be enforcing it to keep traffic flowing? Or just the ISP guys?

US 37 is awful for this! I forgot how bad till you reminded me...all those college professors and their left lane cruisin'...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    US 37 is awful for this! I forgot how bad till you reminded me...all those college professors and their left lane cruisin'...

At least in Btown they ALL think the left lane is only one. Not uncommon to pass a dozen left lane lurkers on the wrong side. Did just that on Curry Pike an hour ago.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ironically I witnessed an LEO who was guilty of breaking this law on my way to work this AM. Heading NB on 465 near 74. Marked car in the left lane with about 25 cars behind him. He/she didnt move over to allow traffic to flow. (not that any would have actually done so) Apparently he thought 65mph was fast enough. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ironically I witnessed an LEO who was guilty of breaking this law on my way to work this AM. Heading NB on 465 near 74. Marked car in the left lane with about 25 cars behind him. He/she didnt move over to allow traffic to flow. (not that any would have actually done so) Apparently he thought 65mph was fast enough. :):

Maybe he's ideologically opposed to the new law and wants to prove a point of sorts.

Top Bottom