• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Several years ago I purchased two handguns from one guy at the same time on Armslist.
    He gave me a story saying he was being charged with felony assault, and as such, needed to get rid of his firearms, "because he would no longer be able to own them".
    I asked him if he had been convicted, and he said no, he had just been charged.

I told him at the time that he did NOT "need" to sell his firearms for simply being charged, but he insisted he had to get rid of them.
    I said o.k. and purchased both, asking for a bill of sale, which I received.
    All was good...

...until two months later.
    I got a phone call from the seller. Surprised at the contact I asked him what I could do for him.
    He told me that the charges against him had been dismissed, so he now wanted to buy his guns back, at the same price I paid for them!

I told him "No" in no uncertain terms, and hung up.
    I never heard from him again.

You didnt even offer to sell them back at +20% per month since he thinks you are a pawn shop? :):

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    11588316_01_custom_hi_point_9mm_carbine_640.jpg

Last edited:

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just sold an AR pistol on armslist. I always talk to them on the phone first and make it clear i want to see ltch and Indiana drivers license. Turned down 4 people before agreeing to meet one. You just have to be careful and laugh at the trade offers.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I agree that Armslist isn’t all bad. Just have to listen to your spidey senses. If it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.

I have had several successful sales there and always make it known in the ad that I need to see IN DL and LTCH.

Just sold an AR pistol on armslist. I always talk to them on the phone first and make it clear i want to see ltch and Indiana drivers license. Turned down 4 people before agreeing to meet one. You just have to be careful and laugh at the trade offers.

MongooseLaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2019
    Albion
    I like Armslist for setting up local deals, always had good luck and met some nice people. Just curious why some sellers require LTCH? When I sell on armslist I clearly state buyer must be over 18 with valid IN DL and legal to own firearms. Kind of odd that I can't purchase your old milsurp rifle because I don't have a license to carry a handgun. Just extra peace of mind for the seller?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    lol sorry...on the table behind his Glock is a marijuana rolling tray, papers, grinder, etc

I see says the blind man! My PC monitor is much larger than the screen on my iPhone, so now I can observe the alleged paraphernalia. I noticed the first sentence that really makes no sense at all.

Honestly I wouldn't have picked up on the purpose of those items on this monitor. However the guy with the Jerry Garcia avatar did, hhhmmmm :laugh: I did see a big-tech spy on the table.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I like Armslist for setting up local deals, always had good luck and met some nice people. Just curious why some sellers require LTCH? When I sell on armslist I clearly state buyer must be over 18 with valid IN DL and legal to own firearms. Kind of odd that I can't purchase your old milsurp rifle because I don't have a license to carry a handgun. Just extra peace of mind for the seller?
    Yes, it is for peace of mind for the seller. The logic is that the IN driver's license shows photo ID, and proof of IN residence. Matching the name and address of the driver's license with the LTCH shows that that same person has successfully undergone a background check. Maybe overkill, but a lot of people who sell on INGO require these documents be shown to complete a sale.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes, it is for peace of mind for the seller. The logic is that the IN driver's license shows photo ID, and proof of IN residence. Matching the name and address of the driver's license with the LTCH shows that that same person has successfully undergone a background check. Maybe overkill, but a lot of people who sell on INGO require these documents be shown to complete a sale.

If that is a condition of the sale through Ingo I move along to the next ad. The entire reason for the classifieds is to Vette members you may want to deal with.
    I get the pic ID thing but the LTCH will stay in my pocket. If you do not know me or how to find me on Ingo then you are not an active member.
    JMHO of course.

On Armslist etc I can understand this. Not on Ingo.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have made many deals on armslist thru the years. Bought, Sold, and traded. Yup there's some douche nozzles out there, but for the most part I've had at least 95% good experiences. Have made some good friends as well. Nice thing about that is most will contact me now before listing something and give me first dibs.

I always list here first for about a week and if no real interest then I'll post on Armslist as well. Just sold a barrel today to a fellow INGOer and Made a purchase on Armslist(got a 30 and 40 round Pmag loaded with XM855 for $40). Both deals went flawlessly.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    No more Armslist

Never used Armslist until this month. Looking for something specific and hard to find available. Found one and emailed the guy, he emailed me back when he was available and I was talking to the xyl to see convince her of its purpose. Within an hour he emailed me back that he sold it to someone else. I would have thought he would have put the other person on hold in case my sale didn’t go through, but we hadn’t set a specific time to meet yet so oh well. A week later found another one. Had to drive 150 miles but I have a buddy that lives in the area so I set up a lunch with him. The day before the meet was set he emailed me and asked me if we were still on to which I replied still on track. About an hour later he emailed me again and said a different deal of his fell through so he’s done with armslist and pulling the listing and the deal. Well that was a Crappy thing to do but I already had called my buddy, so I drove 150 miles for lunch and drove 150 miles back. No more Armslist for me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom