• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Backstory: UPS forgot how to deliver packages so I had to drive from South Bend to Kansas City Mo to pick up ammo yesterday. Because of engine problems it took me 24 hours of driving.

Now for the interesting part. Since I had to drive the last 300 miles at 45mph I had lots of time to look around. As I was travelling across IL on 72 I kept seeing these series of signs in the fields. Like the relgious signs you see for son to come home.

Except these were pro gun signs put up by a local big farm. A few words on each sign as you drove a long. Guns don't kill people People kill people... etc. This went on for miles. It was really cool.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Backstory: UPS forgot how to deliver packages so I had to drive from South Bend to Kansas City Mo to pick up ammo yesterday. Because of engine problems it took me 24 hours of driving.

Now for the interesting part. Since I had to drive the last 300 miles at 45mph I had lots of time to look around. As I was travelling across IL on 72 I kept seeing these series of signs in the fields. Like the relgious signs you see for son to come home.

Except these were pro gun signs put up by a local big farm. A few words on each sign as you drove a long. Guns don't kill people People kill people... etc. This went on for miles. It was really cool.

They are on 70 and 74 as well.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

they have been up for a while here is a link for your viewing pleasure.
    Contact Info

It's a poor website design but it does give you some history behind them.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    The Illinois State Rifle Association is trying to get everyone to put up those signs. They have over 13,000 names on petitons by themselves and are meeting in the state capital with a big push to fight Cook County at yet another attempt to get their rights .

schm00g13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Thats one heckuva drive. Must have been a good deal on ammo. Where did you buy from? My parents live there and I need an excuse to visit them.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Thats one heckuva drive. Must have been a good deal on ammo. Where did you buy from? My parents live there and I need an excuse to visit them.

He operates a range here in South Bend that uses only frangible ammo, something tells me that a good deal or not, he kind of needed that ammo!

Zim, are we getting the price of all that driving and $4 gas passed on to us? :xmad:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Illinois State Rifle Association is trying to get everyone to put up those signs. They have over 13,000 names on petitons by themselves and are meeting in the state capital with a big push to fight Cook County at yet another attempt to get their rights .

I have noticed that the state highway has been responding by letting the brush grow in the highway right of way such that the signs are becoming obscured in some locations. The Cook County mentality at its finest!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Wifey's extended family is in the Des Moines area. The "burma shave" signs are all along 74 for gun rights and soy diesel. We've seen the same signs for years on the drive to see family.

Hoosier1816

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Yes, I have also seen a lot of those signs and considering that IL seems to have some, if not the most, restrictive gun laws (Maybe more than CA), it's rather interesting. But I normally see them in southern IL which is a totally different creature then more north.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

Baby steps, one step at a time and maybe things will change for those people in Illinois too.;)

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for this. I was in St. Louis last week, and was unaware of these signs. So, I got to watch for, and spotted a couple along I-55 on the way home.

Top Bottom