• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I heard an interesting reason why North Korea is acting up and Pyongyang scraps the armistice.

It is cover for Iran. The two have been partners and this beating of war drums but NK is a distraction for Iran to be in a better place to build and process nuclear materials.

Right now the US military was tossed a wild card and they are dealing with this problem over Iran. The Norks have done a few things this last week they have not done in years. Everyone has heard they cut the hotline. Not everyone has heard they have pruned or cut down some of the trees around the fixed artillary sites that would shell SK. NK has done a good job over the years keeping this task low key, but recently, they have not cared.

It will be interesting if this is just another food for peace ploy or they are going to try some more crazy stuff.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This the the equivalent of my neighbor's six year old boy threatening to kick my butt when I walk out to check the mail.

If NK thinks anything they do would distract the US from the goings on in Iran they're fooling themselves.

Yawn...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Looks like they are letting this information out.

North Korea orders artillery to be combat ready, targeting U.S. bases | Reuters

From what I've heard, they have spotted many new locations from this tree trimming at the bases. The targeting people are going crazy adding the information into the targeting database.

I don't know where your source is getting information but the DMZ, and areas within artillery range north of, are some of the most well documented and mapped out areas on the planet. NK does nothing within 20 miles of the DMZ that the U.S. and S.K. Are not aware of. This type of posturing is nothing new, nor would shooting across the DMZ be. This kind of crap was going on when I was there in 91 & 92 it just wasn't widely publicized.

If NK wants to launch an invasion on S.K. It could be squashed by laying a 10' wide strip of cheeseburgers across the peninsula from east to west a 100 yards south of the Z. You might find one in 1000 N.K. Soldiers who wouldn't stop to eat.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This the the equivalent of my neighbor's six year old boy threatening to kick my butt when I walk out to check the mail.

Pffft, what if it was a five year old girl? THEN we have a problem.

the DMZ, and areas within artillery range north of, are some of the most well documented and mapped out areas on the planet.

Big Green sent a good friend of mine from high school to the RoK/2ID.

I asked him what he did. "Counted stuff . . . over and over and over.":laugh:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I don't know where your source is getting information but the DMZ, and areas within artillery range north of, are some of the most well documented and mapped out areas on the planet. NK does nothing within 20 miles of the DMZ that the U.S. and S.K. Are not aware of. This type of posturing is nothing new, nor would shooting across the DMZ be. This kind of crap was going on when I was there in 91 & 92 it just wasn't widely publicized.

If NK wants to launch an invasion on S.K. It could be squashed by laying a 10' wide strip of cheeseburgers across the peninsula from east to west a 100 yards south of the Z. You might find one in 1000 N.K. Soldiers who wouldn't stop to eat.

That's the funniest and saddest thing I have read today.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If North Korea and Iran are chummy couldn't North Korea just send some of their nuclear material to the Iranians?
    I still don't understand how North Korea beat Iran to a nuke to begin with, I thought Iran was doing a little better than North Korea.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    If North Korea and Iran are chummy couldn't North Korea just send some of their nuclear material to the Iranians?
    I still don't understand how North Korea beat Iran to a nuke to begin with, I thought Iran was doing a little better than North Korea.

China is their neighbor.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I know but can anyone really stop a ship traveling between North Korea and Iran?

As a matter of fact yes. It's happened a couple of times in the past two or three years. The ships were detained, contraband cargo impounded and after a few months in port the ships where sent back to NK. Interestingly it wasn't the US that did this. I believe one was India, and another was held by Singapore?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

I suspect it is because NK got their existing uranium/plutonium from the Ukraine or other Soviet cold war sites on the black market. I kind of doubt they can make their own.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012

nobody beat Iran to anything. they have no nukes and they never did. the propaganda machine in this country has been talking about Iran getting nuclear capabilities since the 70s... really?! 40 years and they're no closer to having a nuke than they were then. but every time Iran gets mentioned, they're amazingly only weeks or months away from launching an attack... COMPLETE BS... just an excuse to kill more poor people so we can steal their resources...

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    nobody beat Iran to anything. they have no nukes and they never did. the propaganda machine in this country has been talking about Iran getting nuclear capabilities since the 70s... really?! 40 years and they're no closer to having a nuke than they were then. but every time Iran gets mentioned, they're amazingly only weeks or months away from launching an attack... COMPLETE BS... just an excuse to kill more poor people so we can steal their resources...

Right, but they are only just now enriching uranium yet somehow the North Koreans managed to enrich to weapons grade and build a bomb.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    North-Korea_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

North Korea Nukes Self In Desperate Plea For Attention!

North Korea Nukes Self In Desperate Plea For Attention | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
    Somebody needs to build a DisneyWorld there, and soon...

Last edited:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Right, but they are only just now enriching uranium yet somehow the North Koreans managed to enrich to weapons grade and build a bomb.

Wasn't it last year that one of Iran's nuclear development sites suddenly developed a case of the explosions, likely due to a little covert work from the Israelis? And, before that wasn't there the Stuxnet virus frying their centrifuges? Iran is behind the times because both the US and Israel have been able to stunt their growth. NK, on the other hand, has not been attacked quite the same, and as pointed out they have some ol' commie friends more than willing to help out with some fissile material and technology.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I heard an interesting reason why North Korea is acting up and Pyongyang scraps the armistice.

It is cover for Iran. The two have been partners and this beating of war drums but NK is a distraction for Iran to be in a better place to build and process nuclear materials.

Right now the US military was tossed a wild card and they are dealing with this problem over Iran. The Norks have done a few things this last week they have not done in years. Everyone has heard they cut the hotline. Not everyone has heard they have pruned or cut down some of the trees around the fixed artillary sites that would shell SK. NK has done a good job over the years keeping this task low key, but recently, they have not cared.

It will be interesting if this is just another food for peace ploy or they are going to try some more crazy stuff.

Nah, the fat little doughboy is just trying to show the world he is just as crazy as his old man was. Iran won't be too much of a distraction for us, Israel will gladly bomb the Iranians back into the stone ages if we just let them off their leash. If NK tries any funny stuff, their chunky monkey leader will just buy a one way ticket to hell. At this point, I think even China is getting tired of putting up with that misfit of a nation.

Top Bottom