• GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This.
    If i truly believe their lives are in danger then who is doing it won't matter and i will use all force necessary to stop the threat. We will see who prevails. But at that point I will have made the choice and be ok with sacrificing my life for theirs.
    I pray im never forced into that situation

Yup.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    It now appears the homicidal cop and the victim worked security at the same place?

So.....this might have been personal as well.
    Can you link this for me? Other than being thankful for dragging my AR with me anytime I move between states, I've been out of the loop due to moving and renovating old house.

This is very interesting info, not that the situation can be explained away

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    In Indiana, defense of others is defense of others....theoretically. In reality, you will be arrested, you will be charged, the police will be given the benefit of the doubt, and you had better hope that any video tells the story the way you evaluated the situation. It may still be worth it. Horrible position to be in.

Might it not be a little better position to be in today than a week ago? What I am thinking is that my defense would be better grounded by saying, in court, "I didn't want another George Floyd to occur."

It might sound callous, but his death may(?) give others a better legal/optics/mindset argument for interfering?

Of course, all of this presumes as you said that some video or other witness testimony basically makes it look really bad for the offending officer(s).

Regards,

Doug

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Calling 911 has some benefits...it just probably won't save the person. Or the officer killing him or her.

Hopefully this awful situation will lead to a revision of police training, and generate some "How to avoid another Floyd" type instructional content. You know...to go along with "How to walk right up to the line and stay within the technical confines of the law while teaching someone a lesson."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Might it not be a little better position to be in today than a week ago? What I am thinking is that my defense would be better grounded by saying, in court, "I didn't want another George Floyd to occur."

It might sound callous, but his death may(?) give others a better legal/optics/mindset argument for interfering?

Of course, all of this presumes as you said that some video or other witness testimony basically makes it look really bad for the offending officer(s).

Regards,

Doug

I think you have a point. Assuming you live through the encounter, an argument could be made.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think it could be argued that the guy was is a worse position after people started yelling at the cop to let him up.
    The cop was going to show them who was in control of the situation. No way he was going to comply with the civilians.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it could be argued that the guy was is a worse position after people started yelling at the cop to let him up.
    The cop was going to show them who was in control of the situation. No way he was going to comply with the civilians.

I think that's exactly what happened.

...and I have yet to see the evidence that this was a "racist" incident as to Chauvin, specifically.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think this was "racist" in the normal sense of the word. I have also heard the word "hatred" used. I don't believe it was that either.

To my observation it was something far worse - indifference. Officer Chauvin seemed to be entirely unemotional and indifferent to the suffering he was causing another man.

I know that there are many, many careers that force a person to build up walls against the horrors and indignities that they bear witness to every day, but if we don't somehow find a way to help these folks have a wall but keep it as thin as possible this type of event will happen again a multitude of times. I once had a lawyer tell us in class that if we couldn't look at pictures of a small child that had been burned with cigarettes, black and blue from being hit, and put that in a drawer at 5 o'clock go home and never think about it until you worked on that case that we shouldn't go into family law. Not just criminal law but family law. There must be a way to express and vent and weep for the atrocities some bear witness to without being looked down on as weak.

I believe that part of the event we witnessed in Mr. Floyd's death was perhaps Officer Chauvin had built a wall so thick that while on duty he couldn't empathize or sympathize with anyone. This reflects then not just on Officer Chauvin but on all of us as a culture. I do not entirely like what I see in that facet of our culture.

Regards,

Doug

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The face of evil may rise at any time. Our society is becoming numb to seeing the face of evil, almost looking upon it as if it were normal. They saw that face raised and then raised their own face of evil in response. Our society seems to no longer even know where they might have lost the moral compass; or if there ever was one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When interfering with an arrest goes wrong:

[video=youtube;0LQoBKGr6lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQoBKGr6lc[/video]

Top Bottom