Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This course will be a half day (4 hour) course that will include the following: Stance, firing grip, marksmanship, trigger control, draw stroke, snapping the eyes, calling shots, multiple targets, reloads, transfers, table top pick ups.

This course is a great fit for those interested in improving their gun handling and marksmanship skills. This course will fit nicely for people interested in defensive and competition situations and shooting. It will be taught on the range, and not include a classroom portion.

Live fire exercises will include strong/weak hand shooting, multiple targets.

Equipment list:
    Good handgun
    holster
    belt
    magazine pouches
    eye, ear protection
    brimmed hat

Cost $45 per person.

Dates:
    Sunday March 14, 2010 Greencastle
    Monday May 31, 2010 Greencastle

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have been working on the course outline and topics to be covered on the range will include: Calling shots, multiple targets, snapping the eyes, draw stroke, reloading the gun. It is a short day that is full of instructions and live fire exercises. This course is ideal for someone who has taken the Basic Pistol and is ready to learn more, or the person who is not quite ready for the Defensive Pistol class. This course is not quite an advanced level, but is a good introduction to some more advanced skills. A great place to work on technique and mechanics and then go home and smooth them out with practice. The skills would be valuable for the competition crowd or the self-defense crowd.

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    Hey Coach...two ??
    what are the hours on Sunday in March??
    and...this is called an intermediate pistol class.....what do I need to be eligible for this class??
    thanks
    tom

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey Coach...two ??
    what are the hours on Sunday in March??
    and...this is called an intermediate pistol class.....what do I need to be eligible for this class??
    thanks
    tom

The dates are March 14, 2010 from 10am - 2 pm. This is the intermediate class because it is more advanced than our Basic 100 which is for the new shooter or new gun owner or the young crowd.

In the intermediate we will work on draw, reloads, multiple target engagement, shot calling, snapping the eyes, table pick ups and some other things. All on the range with no classroom session but plent of instruction. This is a course that will cater to some competition skills, and some defensive skills and even the recreational plinker.

For people who have not taken a defensive pistol class and even a few that have and did not perform as well as they might have liked. Many if not all of the skills taught here will carry over. I see this being a 300 -500 round day. A little more repition on some drills than we did in the SDS.

You are eligible. I would like a pre-paid deposit on this class. I can email the form to you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This round of intermediate pistol has room for a couple of more students. Hopefully the weather is taking a turn for the better and we will have a mild day. Email me if you are wanting to get in on this course.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Could someone please post the address to the Greencastle location?

You will need to contact Coach directly for range info, as it is his private range. I doubt he wants his address posted openly on the board

Just shoot him an email, he will get back to you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    An email will get address and directions but I am not posting it here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you to all of our students from today for your excellent attidudes and for helping us maintain a safe range! You all showed definite improvement during the time and I hope we were able to show you some skills and drills to practice that will make you all better shooters. I hope to see all of you again!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Indeed!

I received revisions/corrections/scolding from Coach of my edits on 20MAR10. My "day job" takes me out of the loop Monday-Thursday, so the earliest I'll be able to get to it is this weekend.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Indeed!

I received revisions/corrections/scolding from Coach of my edits on 20MAR10. My "day job" takes me out of the loop Monday-Thursday, so the earliest I'll be able to get to it is this weekend.

Thomas Jefferson did not have to deal with this type of editorial criticism.:)

Busy weekend for ACT so don't count on it this weekend either. The Rhino is behind two sets of scores. Soon.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    May 31, 2010 10-2

For those looking to improve on marksmanship scores this is the time and the place. Plenty of shooting.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Class is coming up on May 31st. Four hours of marksmanship training. severla have told me that they were going to sign up and have yet to do so. Anyone wanting or needing marksmanship work this is a good course for that. Will require drawing from a holster.

Top Bottom