• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    I have an Intratec Cat 45 I received from my brother-in-law via his will several years ago. I've never shot the gun nor did any research until recently. From my research I've determined that Kel-Tec bought the company/rights and Intratec is no longer. But now I'm left with these questions:

1. Does anyone have a Cat 45 and what's your opinion?
    2. Where can I get extra mags if I decide to use it for carry/home defense?

The firearm seems to be well maintained when I received it and I've clean it regularly. I'll definitely be taking it to someone to check it out for any issues before firing.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've never heard of this, so I did a little searching.

Is this what it looks like?
    Intratec%20Cat%209.jpg

ab10ad.jpg

I also found this for magazines:

Hoosier Gun Works : Online Catalog : Magazines-Pistol

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Intratec as a company/brand has been gone since 2001.

Per Wikipedia:
    Intratec began as Interdynamic USA, an offshoot of Swedish firearms manufacturer Interdynamic AB. Due to the lack of firearm market in Sweden, Interdynamic AB set up a subsidiary in the United States to sell the KG-9. Called Interdynamic USA, this company eventually became Intratec when George Kellgren left the company and Carlos Garcia renamed it Intratec, and continued to sell variants of KG-99 which was renamed to Tec-9. It went out of business in 2001.

After leaving Interdynamics, George Kellgren went on to start the Grendel company, and in 1995, founded Kel-Tec. There is no other relationship between the Intratec and Kel-Tec companies that I'm aware of.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Test Test Test

Test yourself, as u should with any gun you intend to carry or use for self defense, buy 100 rounds or so and take it to the range or an empty field and shoot it out, then again, then at targets, see what u think about it, if u like it clean the heck out of it and keep it, if not well then?

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    Test yourself, as u should with any gun you intend to carry or use for self defense, buy 100 rounds or so and take it to the range or an empty field and shoot it out, then again, then at targets, see what u think about it, if u like it clean the heck out of it and keep it, if not well then?

I plan on field testing it. I was curious if anyone here had one. I'm also having troubles finding another mag for it.

Esrice - Yes, that is the one.

Shooter521 - Yes, same info I came across too. Next time I should read carefully and not mistake designed for bought. :D

spartencamp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I have a cat 45

I love the one I own bought it back in 2000(I think). It is a great little gun. being so lite it packs quite a kick and takes some getting used to. But it is surpizingly accu. considering.

BENDELIVERED

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    intratec 45

i have a .45 intratec and i enjoy it is an interesting little beast! accurate and i think it handles very nice, kick wasnt to bad i was anticipating much more bud i like it.

BENDELIVERED

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009

that is correct, i was at a gun show 2 wks ago and a dealer checked it out.

the clip notch on the 1911 is a lil lower so it needs a lil modification but not much, and these are alot easier to obtain.

jryder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    intratec cat 45 need help on breaking it down for cleaning????

[qu:welcome:ote=Rooster Cogburn;166678]I have an Intratec Cat 45 I received from my brother-in-law via his will several years ago. I've never shot the gun nor did any research until recently. From my research I've determined that Kel-Tec bought the company/rights and Intratec is no longer. But now I'm left with these questions:

1. Does anyone have a Cat 45 and what's your opinion?
    2. Where can I get extra mags if I decide to use it for carry/home defense?

The firearm seems to be well maintained when I received it and I've clean it regularly. I'll definitely be taking it to someone to check it out for any issues before firing.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated![/quote]

jlindsey2236

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Hey jryder, I have the same gun and it breaks down really easy. Just push the small metal bar in the plastic part of the frame through. Once that's out, pull the slide back about 1/2 inch and then pull the trigger and the slide will come forward and seperate form the grip.

On a seperate note, I need a part for my .45. I need a magazine release button, spring, and washer. Anyone know where I can get one?

bob67cam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    i see this post is on the verge of being old..lol however im looking for some info on an intratec 45, info basicly meaning i need parts, main part in question is the frame/receiver as my buddys exploded while taking a gun class...in any case i think hell be selling it off, or he could sell the good parts if theres any interest in here...thanx for any help yall can give me ;)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I think the Intratec 45 must be a great zombie gun... this thread just keeps on reanimating like some eighties horror movie, Part 17.

That or this is the only thread in three years of INGO that mentions the Intratec 45!

I would think "best of luck" on finding parts or even a buyer of parts here.

There is a forum... I don't recall the name, but it seemed to center around Lorcin/Raven/Jennings, etc.. The member (I haven't seen him in a year) whose sig talked about his motorcycle and he was sensitive about living in lawrence... he used to be on that forum and used to defend those guns.

Maybe a google search for the forum...

Top Bottom