• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    I was reading about the great firearms course in Boone County given by the Sheriff's Department. So many people could benefit from something like that.

There are people in this forum from Brown & Monroe Counties and I wonder if a program like the one in Boone Co. could be started either in Brown or Monroe County? If there was enough interest in it, or if people could somehow show support for a Firearms Training Course given by either County's Sheriff's Department it would be a great opportunity for gun owners as well as a benefit to the communities in general. Knowledge is power.

I'm very new here, but was really impressed at the opportunity to take a course like this in Boone County, and thought why not here too?

There may be many reasons why this would or would not be a good idea, so if you feel inclined you can post your thoughts on it. I'd volunteer to approach the Brown Co. Sheriff's PD if there is enough interest.

Kathy

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If you have a range and get enough interest you might be able to convince ACT to put one on in your area, otherwise they are just up in Greencastle if you want to jump in a class.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The reason Boone County hosts such a course is because the Sheriff there is a Gunsite instructor and a very Pro 2A person. I seriously doubt that any other Sheriff's Dept. has an instructor on-staff that's on the same level as Sheriff Campbell in Boone County.

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    esrice ~ It looks like that was an excellent course. I'll watch the site to see when any more might be planned, since there may not be one offered in Brown or Monroe Counties. Thanks for the pics & info.

VUPDBlue ~ It did seem that the Sheriff in Boone Co. is an outstanding instructor, and that this course is so desirable because of his skill level and expertise. If I can't find anything between now & next year, when it's offered again, it looks like this course would really be great.

OneBadV8 - Greencastle isn't so far away. I'll see if I can find info on a gun course there.

Since I don't know anything at all, I do have hope that I'll learn and get some skill in shooting. Thanks for your help and thoughts. Maybe there are even some women's gun courses?? I'll find out.

~Kathy

Last edited:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    The last time I took the IN 150 Gunsite class I told Sheriff Ken I wanted to trade the Morgan County Sheriff and a sheriff to be named later for him (since he is term limited out) He thought I had lost my marbles. Sure would be nice if he was the Morgan County Sheriff.

Top Bottom