• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joeyidgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Indiana
    Ya I'm a newby, but not new to guns. When I started collecting 15 years ago, I bought all pre ban stuff. Spas 12, Calico, HK, AK, Daewoo, P.A.W.S., etc... I sold them all a years ago and downsized. I took a hiatus from guns. Now I'm am back. What is your guys opinion on good investment guns? I did buy 8-Saiga 12, and 4 Draco's recently. Of course I alway keep 1 back to shoot. I figure I can put 4000 in the bank and get nothing or put it in guns and make money. Which guns, in your opinion are the next latest and greatest?

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are many investment opportunities. You never pay too much, you just buy too soon.

What is your risk tolerance and what do you believe to be an obtainable capital outlay, the entire 4K?

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Buy what you like and like what you buy and you'll never have overpaid for anything.

If you were to look at buying firearms that are worth money in the future, your best bet is to buy the ones that are worth money now...Old Colt 1911 and Colt Pythons are the 2 that come to mind; most of what is being made today and even being marketed as 'collector's items' are produced in greater quantities than ever before. Those beautiful Pythons will increase because they aren't being made any longer, there are only X number of those left in the world. Everything else is a crap shoot.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Take $4,000 down to your local discount brokerage and, pick an S&P500 index fund like VFINX, and you'll average better than a 10% return doing dollar cost averaging.

Your $4,000 over 10 years at 10% could be $10,374.97.

Time value of money - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dollar cost averaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Vanguard 500 Index Investor: VFINX quotes & news - Google Finance

Of course, if you think the world is going to end soon, that there will be some major civil unrest, or some legislating halting the production or importation of firearms, then firearms might be a better choice.

Top Bottom