• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    comrade culver signed the bill last summer. it is not perfect but definitely a big step in the right direction. i have to admit i am absolutely shocked that Iowa now recognizes every state's carry permit. this is great news as my wife's family lives in Iowa.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    they even loosened up on where you can carry. from what i read before you were not allowed to carry in a bar. now you can. obvioulsy if you drink you shouldn't but just the fact that they are loosening the laws in favor of pro-gun is really good to hear. :yesway:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    make sure you read up on iowa's laws.....they do not have a castle law and there is no shield from civil suits in the event you use your gun. they dont even have a right to bear arms in their constitution (!)

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    If only ALL the law enforcement officers of this state would recognize that our permits allow this also. (No offense to those on this board that do recognize it).

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    make sure you read up on iowa's laws.....they do not have a castle law and there is no shield from civil suits in the event you use your gun. they dont even have a right to bear arms in their constitution (!)

Talk about living in an oppressed state! I cant imagine!

they even loosened up on where you can carry. from what i read before you were not allowed to carry in a bar. now you can. obvioulsy if you drink you shouldn't but just the fact that they are loosening the laws in favor of pro-gun is really good to hear. :yesway:

Meh, I dont have any problem with it. If you drink then break a law with your firearm, you will still be held to the same responsibility. Heck, you will probably be held to a hire level of responsibility, since it will be easy to make you out as the bad guy. Same goes for a clean shoot, but in the end I would rather catch some flack over self defense while drunk than be dead. Heck, I am underage, and I would still rather defend myself drunk than be dead, and that would be a HUGE headache! (Note, I am underage, and I dont drink because of it, just an example)

Top Bottom