iphone 4s crapped! any ideas? tannerite?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Last Tuesday at 11 am it worked on a call. At 1pm it shows "no service" every feature on the phone worked unless it needed the network (verizon). Restart phone several times to no avail. Call verizon they say to update software.

Plug into itunes go thru the software restore....get a -1 error message. Now the phone does nothing except showing a screen instructing to connect to itunes.

Took to apple store...they said something is screwed and said it wasn't worth repair.

This phone is in mint condition. No damage no trama. Worked at 11am but not at 1pm.

We've had 5 apple laptops 3 ipods 1 ipad. And this iphone in the last 10 years.

I'm becoming less of an apple evangelist!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Its 16 months old. Its the only phone we have in contract. Also have unlimited data that I'd hate to loose if I get a new phone.

Will Verizon granfather you on unlimited data? I've been able to carry it over with each new phone on AT&T.

I've got a Mac mini, macbook, time capsule, AirPort Extreme, airport express, iPad2, iPhone 3, 4, 4s, and a 5. I've had to replace the hard drive in the mini and that's it.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Will Verizon granfather you on unlimited data? I've been able to carry it over with each new phone on AT&T.

I've got a Mac mini, macbook, time capsule, AirPort Extreme, airport express, iPad2, iPhone 3, 4, 4s, and a 5. I've had to replace the hard drive in the mini and that's it.

If, by 'grandfather', you mean in the Kentucky 'bend you over a piece of furniture and remind you who your grandaddy is' sense of the word, yes, they'll grandfather you.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not an Apple fangirl but I have had the iPad 1, 2 & 3 and numerous iPods. No need to upgrade to the new iPad as it really gave me no advantage. I currently own an iPhone 4s. I have had absolutely no real problems with any of the devices. The only problem I have had with my phone was a cracked screen which they replaced for free. We did have to pay for my daughters cracked iPod screen.

I was debating on getting an android in June when I can upgrade but I still think I'm going to go with the iPhone 5. I'll buy the Apple Care though because I know if I don't, then something will happen. :)

Did you not get the Apple Care?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not an Apple fangirl but I have had the iPad 1, 2 & 3 and numerous iPods. No need to upgrade to the new iPad as it really gave me no advantage. I currently own an iPhone 4s. I have had absolutely no real problems with any of the devices. The only problem I have had with my phone was a cracked screen which they replaced for free. We did have to pay for my daughters cracked iPod screen.

I was debating on getting an android in June when I can upgrade but I still think I'm going to go with the iPhone 5. I'll buy the Apple Care though because I know if I don't, then something will happen. :)

Did you not get the Apple Care?

Otter Box. I've had 3 iPhones and have always used Otter Box cases. I carry it in my back pocket. I've rolled around on them on the floor at work in nasty environments and have broken my cases. Knock on every tree in my woods, I haven't broken a phone yet.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just hadn't purchased a case yet when I broke my screen. I had only had it 2 weeks when I broke it. It was in my hoodie while I was sitting on the cement porch fixing some halloween decorations. I went to stand up and as I leaned to the side, it just slid right out of the hoodie onto the cement. Just hit it right on the corner and cracked the screen.

I do have to agree about otterbox though. After our daughter broke her iPod by dropping it we bought her an Otterbox.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Hook the phone to iTunes and go backwards on software as far as you can. I had a similar issue and that worked for me. I did have to reset the phone to factory default first. Just make sure anything to cant just reload is saved elsewhere or emailed to yourself. Mine is a 4 not 4S. Jumping back to the last update for the 4S iOS also made my battery gain new life and last longer again. Just my conspiracy theory, but I believe they cause iOS problems on older models to force you into upgrading. I will not upgrade past the last iOS 4 update until i get a new 5. Another option would be to jailbreak the phone. My :twocents:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I understand your pain. My iPhone 4s has always been in a case, never dropped, and is pampered. Last week the power button became stuck in the up position and won't depress. I have an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow, but I have a feeling that they will just tell me to buy a new phone. I WILL NOT have another iPhone. I'm thinking that a Samsung may be in my future.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I understand your pain. My iPhone 4s has always been in a case, never dropped, and is pampered. Last week the power button became stuck in the up position and won't depress. I have an appointment with the genius bar tomorrow, but I have a feeling that they will just tell me to buy a new phone. I WILL NOT have another iPhone. I'm thinking that a Samsung may be in my future.

I switched from iphone 4 to a Galaxy S3 on my last upgrade and have been extremely happy with it. I wont be buying another apple product, nothing but problems with both of mine.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    My recommendation would be to buy this new case for your iPhone

picture.php

And replace it with

picture.php

an Android Phone!

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If, by 'grandfather', you mean in the Kentucky 'bend you over a piece of furniture and remind you who your grandaddy is' sense of the word, yes, they'll grandfather you.

Awesome.

Since your phone is screwed now anyways, you may need to reset it to get it to work. I had to do that when mine screwed up. Once it reset, it connected back up to Verizon. I was then able to connect it back to the computer and get all my stuff back. There are also places that fix phones depending on where you're at. I've had a place in broadripple and a place on southport road fix a messed up 4 and 5.

Top Bottom