• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Anyone replaced their battery on the iPhone? Did you send it off or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself, how difficult was it and would you suggest doing it yourself or sending it in and being without it for a while ? My battery hasn't died yet but it goes down quicker than it used to. Seems even when's il not using it, it goes down quicker than I think it should. Any thoughts or opinions?

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    There's videos on YouTube about fixing screens and taking them apart. One place is 15 days to replace it, one place is like 3-4 and apple was I think 3-4 days.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My brother fixes computers and electronics...I know he can do the screen replacements on iPhones, he could probably do the battery replacement, idk..I asked him, he hasn't answered yet. He's here in Indy. I'll post his answer when I get it

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I've replaced the screen, and had them all the way disassembled where you could replace the battery, it's not hard at all. There is alot of taking apart and putting back together, so if your not verry mechanically inclined, I would not attempt it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All the Apple places are under instructions to replace the screws in all iphones they take in to the new screws.
    I read another article that said the money people at Apple figured they could profit an additional $100 on average per phone over it's lifetime by doing this.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Yeah mine won't be going back. Not had a problem(knock on wood) with this phone. But the battery is starting to get weak. This is the longest a phone has lasted for me in about 10 years. I had it for about a year and 4 months.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My brother fixes computers and electronics...I know he can do the screen replacements on iPhones, he could probably do the battery replacement, idk..I asked him, he hasn't answered yet. He's here in Indy. I'll post his answer when I get it

He can do it....He's on the North side of Indy so if anyone needs work, PM for the number. Oh and he usually gives my friends whatever breaks he can on price (REALLY good breaks :rockwoot:)

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    What kind of shameless milking of their customers is this?

You are saying that about APPLE? :laugh:

That is all Apple is about. What is best for their dollar. They could give two craps if the customer actually likes it. They will make ad campaigns to educate you on why it is better for you.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You are saying that about APPLE? :laugh:

That is all Apple is about. What is best for their dollar. They could give two craps if the customer actually likes it. They will make ad campaigns to educate you on why it is better for you.

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

I have a friend who uses a Mac. Her laptop power cord kept getting chewed up by her dog. They charged her like $90 to replace it, 2 or 3 times. LOL

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm a sucker for DIY projects. I'm eligible for a new phone, but want to wait for the iphone 5. This seems like an inexpensive enough project to go ahead and try. Battery is $2.51 shipped. Granted, it'll take about 3 weeks from HK.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've replaced the screen on a Iphone 3 and it wasnt' too bad one big trick is to get a couple real strong suction cups and it will help you pull it apart, (not a joke)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sometimes it's just nice to not have to worry about companies like Apple that want total control over their masses. :D

I just use a regular old flip phone. I typically get 6-11 days of battery life. Even if it decreases to 20% of the battery life I'm getting now I'll still be happy with it. And even then, I just have to take the back cover off and put the new $10 battery in it. ;)

I charged it Monday afternoon and here it is Friday afternoon and it still shows full battery life. :rockwoot:

You can keep the iphone... no offense intended, just pointing out why I don't intend on ever buying an apple product.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I love being able to surf the web and all that crap you can do. I haven't ha a flip phone for about 7-8 years.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I love being able to surf the web and all that crap you can do. I haven't ha a flip phone for about 7-8 years.

Yep. That is why I have a WebOS phone. (Many of the "new" features of the Android update released last week are already in WebOS. iOS hasn't even bothered trying to multitask well.)

Next Wednesday, HP unveils their new hardware. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom