• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JLB768

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bloomington
    Any other members into Sim Racing? We run a server called TW Motorsports, mostly a Talladega server, but sometimes run Sprint cars and Midgets. 8pm Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat we run 65 laps, Tue and Thurs 40 minute timed. We run Trucks, Xfinity, and Gen 4 Cup. Fun stuff, gotta have a Class A License, and Safety Rating of 2.0 or better. This is my little escape from reality for a couple hours a night, I power up the tactile transducers, toss a 4K Res VR headset on, and forget I'm sitting in my race room racerig1.jpg ...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I ended up taking a few weeks off work after being injured in a crash back around 2002. I had a steering wheel that I clamped to a folding TV tray and a set of pedals and those two weeks were a complete blur as I spent 18 hours a day playing Gran Turismo A-Spec on Playstation. I was absolutely mesmerized by being able to make slight adjustments to the aero or suspension and shave a few tens off of a lap to be able to finally take a win.

If I had a setup like you've got there I'd likely never see daylight again.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I ended up taking a few weeks off work after being injured in a crash back around 2002. I had a steering wheel that I clamped to a folding TV tray and a set of pedals and those two weeks were a complete blur as I spent 18 hours a day playing Gran Turismo A-Spec on Playstation. I was absolutely mesmerized by being able to make slight adjustments to the aero or suspension and shave a few tens off of a lap to be able to finally take a win.

You would need a 52" hog barn fan, to keep your highly overrated excessively long flowing locks of hair out of your face now.

Or just twist it up in a Bun.

JLB768

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bloomington

It can tire you out, the wheel produces enough force to break fingers/thumbs if it gets away from you, after a couple hours, you're ready to step away. As far as setups go, the real drivers in iracing(DaleJr, Elliott, Mayfield,etc) say the math from Sim to car, and car to Sim are spot on. I can't set them up, way too much for my brain to wrap around, but I can drive them after figuring out how the car handles and falls off throughout a race. You can pass a lot of time. The VR puts me in a 3D 1:1 scale car, in 4K. Sound in my headset is surround, and the transducers allow me to feel every bump, shift, rumblestrip, hit, I feel cam lobe while iding, full rpm range, etc. Here's part of a Truck setup...Too much math for me. setup truck.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom