• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Iran has informed the International Atomic Energy Agency that it has been building a previously undeclared nuclear facility to enrich uranium, raising fears that Tehran is closer to acquiring an atomic bomb than has been predicted up until now.

The presence of a secret second site – built inside a mountain near the holy Shia city of Qum – has been known about by American and other Western intelligence agencies for some time, although nothing has been revealed until now.

Iran’s formal letter to the IAEA in Vienna, sent on Monday, pre-empted an announcement to be made today by President Obama, Gordon Brown and President Sarkozy of France before the opening of the G20 economic summit in Pittsburgh, in which Tehran will be accused of building the secret facility about 100 miles southwest of the Iranian capital.

Although the CIA and National Security Agency (NSA) has been tracking construction of the plant for several years, Mr Obama decided it was time to put maximum pressure on Tehran by revealing its existence.

Read the rest here

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That would also be a very smart bluff. If they can convince the world that it is futile to blow up their accessible plant because they've got another one that can't be touched, well that would be pretty slick now wouldn't it?

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    hmmm, me thinks that that we have something ready for these caves... :)

this is whats being replaced...by something MUCH BIGGER AND MUCH MUCH MORE POWERFUL
    bomb.jpg

The Massive Ordnance Penetrator Will Be the Largest Non-Nuclear Bomb Ever | Popular Science
    custom_1244642654333_penetrator.jpg

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    bunker buster nukes should do it.
    But we will not be able to squash every one of these things ad infinitum.
    I say let all the smart countries that think we do not know how to do things lead us. Let Iran get the bomb. And prove they can or cannot be trusted.
    And not come to the defense of those that cry for our help afterwards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Yep, Haldir, you said it in your OP: Western Intelligence has known about this for a while. The media is putting some soft spin on this story to make it initially sound as if "we", the world, just found out when in reality the press just found out because Iran announced it to them.

I just changed my bet. I just cut the "time until Israel attacks" in half from what I had originally estimated.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Well, hopefully the international community acts fast enough. Unfortunately, I do not think any of them have learned from WW2. They would rather blame Israel and the US for the problem than accept a rouge nation like Iran being at fault.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, hopefully the international community acts fast enough. Unfortunately, I do not think any of them have learned from WW2. They would rather blame Israel and the US for the problem than accept a rouge nation like Iran being at fault.

BINGO! Zero testicular fortitude!

Top Bottom