• ...and so much more!
  • ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Iran says oil would go over $250 if exports banned

It seems to me we are just one Middle East incident away from $7 per gallon of gas.

What's the best way to stock pile the gas? LOL
    Is it even legal?

Frog will sit idle and suffer the grave injury if he was in a warm container full of water being heated slowly to the point of boiling. The frog will jump out of it if he experiences a sudden change in temperture. May be we need that sudden shift to do something corrective for change. Just my 2 pennies!

Iran says oil would go over $250 if exports banned - Yahoo! Finance

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Seems like $7/gallon might be enough to push thru pickens plan. Intensify the search for alternatives, promote domestic oil exploration, stop the export of U.S gas to mexico and other offshore buyers etc. Painful but in the long run we would be better off.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Seems like $7/gallon might be enough to push thru pickens plan. Intensify the search for alternatives, promote domestic oil exploration, stop the export of U.S gas to mexico and other offshore buyers etc. Painful but in the long run we would be better off.

George Bush and his oil buddies are behind the plot to get involved with a war in Iran.
    They can't compete now at $3.00 a gallon..... gas would need to sell for at least $5.00 a gallon.
    If gas hits $7.00 a gallon then the domestic oil market can come in and sell
    for $6.00 a gallon and turn a huge profit while looking like saviors.
    It's a win win.
    :tinfoil:

;)

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We sit between the number 2 and 3 producers of oil in the world, Mexico and Canada, not to mention our own off-limits resources and the bureaucracy of dealing with energy. A moderately intelligent teenager capable of rational thought could solve our energy problems. We have energy problems because Washington wants us to have energy problems. Period.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Iran can go pound sand.

Iran is nothing more than a thug which we will eventually be involved in an all out war against.

Thanks to the "extend an open hand policies" of our pos fearless leader, the thugs have had more time to arm and fortify their positions which will make the conflict even worse.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    We sit between the number 2 and 3 producers of oil in the world, Mexico and Canada, not to mention our own off-limits resources and the bureaucracy of dealing with energy. A moderately intelligent teenager capable of rational thought could solve our energy problems. We have energy problems because Washington wants us to have energy problems. Period.

Ding...ding....ding! We have a winner. + We have more energy than you can shake a stick at.
    Rep inbound.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy

Just wondring...

Why would the Fed would want us to have an energy problem?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just wondring...

Why would the Fed would want us to have an energy problem?

Seriously!!!!! It's about control, plain and simple. Keep the sheeple scared and dependent on government to "fix things". "Never let a crisis go to waste" has been one of the many fundamental beliefs of all tyrants for centuries.

Who is John Galt ......

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Seriously!!!!! It's about control, plain and simple. Keep the sheeple scared and dependent on government to "fix things". "Never let a crisis go to waste" has been one of the many fundamental beliefs of all tyrants for centuries.

Who is John Galt ......

I sure hope you are wrong! LOL

All kidding aside, my gosh, are we all to the point of no return in deep trance of paranoia?

If your assertion proves to have any merits, we are in much deeper trouble than I thought. I seriousely hope you are off base here. I really do!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I sure hope you are wrong! LOL

All kidding aside, my gosh, are we all to the point of no return in deep trance of paranoia?

If your assertion proves to have any merits, we are in much deeper trouble than I thought. I seriousely hope you are off base here. I really do!

I too wish I were way off base here, but I'm not. I'm right and I stand by my statement. My statement about our energy problems is too simple to not be correct. Our financial problems are also too obvious to not be intentional. Ratings agencies rating JUNK at AAA and causing the sub-prime derivatives collapse and then Washington, not only bailing out, but STILL subsidizing a system that had to have TRILLIONS of dollars to prop up, but is STILL ready to collapse AFTER RECEIVING trillions of dollars plundered from our children. And there are ZERO investigations into this monumental fraud. The Federal Reserve handing out TRILLIONS (over 11 times the bailout our elected officials gave) to banks all over the world and nobody knew until recently. Healthcare, education, housing, manufacturing, agriculture, please tell me what vital major sector government DOESN'T control/manipulate through taxation/regulation/Crony Capitalism. Spend a little time studying history and what the Founding Fathers tried to warn us about, all the while giving us the tools to protect us from such tyranny and oppression. Todays troubles were known about and predicted by the Founding Fathers and we sit here with our eyes wide open ....

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

This /\ /\ /\

We have enough oil within our own boarders, and with our friends to the north, and 51st state to the south that we could tell the Middle East nations to choke on their oil and be just fine.

Get the government out of the oil business, and tree huggers away and we could be energy independent in very short order.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    This /\ /\ /\

We have enough oil within our own boarders, and with our friends to the north, and 51st state to the south that we could tell the Middle East nations to choke on their oil and be just fine.

Get the government out of the oil business, and tree huggers away and we could be energy independent in very short order.

Well said.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

Could NOT agree more with this statement.

I used to wonder if we were protecting our reserves of oil/gas while our economy was booming along and we could afford to buy oil from others. Kind of a we'll use up yours while we set on ours. Well they have managed to about destroy the US economy and we no longer can afford to buy oil/gas from others. Problem is they still won't allow energy producers here to develop new sources, so IMO yes we have the problem because Washington wants us to have one.

Soon we won't be able to afford to field a credible military either. Game over... the plan has been successful.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    A buddy of mine was a missionary kid to France. He told me once that gas over there was $7 a liter. They can't buy as much to set prices like America can. In fact our gas prices are much cheaper in North America than in most of the rest of the world.

What Iran is really saying is that they want the great satan to come and give them that asswhoopin they've been beggin for.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    A buddy of mine was a missionary kid to France. He told me once that gas over there was $7 a liter. They can't buy as much to set prices like America can. In fact our gas prices are much cheaper in North America than in most of the rest of the world.

What Iran is really saying is that they want the great satan to come and give them that asswhoopin they've been beggin for.

I think your buddy meant $7 a gallon, not a liter. I was in Germany two years ago and gas was 1,35 euro per liter. That would be 5 euro per gallon. Given the exchange rate two years ago, it was about $7.20 a gallon. From my understanding, the high gas prices in Europe are due to high gas taxes in Europe. In Munich, I saw gas stations selling LP, I think, and it was .50 euro per liter. That would be 1,89 euro per gallon and with the exchange rate from two years ago, $2.72 per gallon. Diesel ran about .90 euro per liter. That would be 3,40 euro per gallon and about $4.90 per gallon.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    News this morning said that the U.S. was exporting Oil at record rates because the U.S. demand is down?

Soooooo which is it? The whole market is a sham...

Top Bottom