NW Indianapolis

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    50,000 troops...

For comparison, how many troops were deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan at the height of these wars?

How many were deployed (at once) in Vietnam?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    50,000 American troops left behind are in grave danger.

Who knows how many US citizen contractors, armed and unarmed, are in grave danger.

A unilateral decision that "the war is over" doesn't mean much unless the other side agrees.

The other side has not agreed.

We have to trust that the theater commander has a plan to take care of all those assets.

How can there even be another side to agree? There isn't a side...it's a bunch of thugs and thieves...groups of loosely tied bandits running around.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    50,000 troops...

For comparison, how many troops were deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan at the height of these wars?

How many were deployed (at once) in Vietnam?

What about the 28,000 stationed on the most fortifide border in the world.
    The DMZ

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    First I don't think our troops on the ground in Iraq are seeing an overnight change.
    Second, doesn't that speech sound like something someone else gave from an aircraft carrier already.
    Third, I believe we got us into the bad spot so now we should do the best job fixing Iraq. Sorry we broke a fu$$ed up situation but we shouldn't leave it worth. And I believe Gen. Petraeus and Odierno and all the troops in theater have done a great job building the foundation for that.
    Let's support continuous support of our troops, we don;t want another Vietnam.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Tell me about it. I'm sure they're not laughing. I can just see them throwing lettuce and tomatos at the TV while obamatard spoke yesterday...

Right on.

One thing comes to mind though...If the "war is over", is it still a war zone?

Do troops in Iraq still get combat pay? Especially if they get attacked by groups of thugs and bandits and end up fighting for their lives as they are abandoned by this chicken**** ....I better stop now.

I'll bet not, but I don't know.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Right on.

Do troops in Iraq still get combat pay? Especially if they get attacked by groups of thugs and bandits and end up fighting for their lives as they are abandoned by this chicken**** ....I better stop now.

The answer to that question would be to ask the guys in Korea if they get Combat Pay. A little different, but same principle. Iraq= End of Combat operations, still fighting. Korea= Combat ended, war still going on, no fighting. :dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Right on.

I expect it's still a "Hostile Fire" area. Which means combat pay, if I'm not mistaken.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    When I was stationed up near the DMZ in Korea in 1974-75, US infantry were conducting joint patrols with the South Koreans in the DMZ and were involved in periodic firefights, which were seldom publicized. Although our Cav Troop conducted almost daily flights along the 5 Km "Buffer Zone" which separated the normal AO from the DMZ, we almost never got shot at (that we knew about), however just before I got there, one of our Cobras got "shot down" by a lucky hit fired by the NKPA across the border. We didn't get "combat pay". The proliferation of deployments into areas which were not actual "war zones" but where units were getting shot at prompted the institution of "hostile fire" status to certain areas where there wasn't a "hot war" going on, but there was still periodic fighting. I expect Iraq will qualify as a "hostile fire" zone for some time to come.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    When I was stationed up near the DMZ in Korea in 1974-75, US infantry were conducting joint patrols with the South Koreans in the DMZ and were involved in periodic firefights, which were seldom publicized. Although our Cav Troop conducted almost daily flights along the 5 Km "Buffer Zone" which separated the normal AO from the DMZ, we almost never got shot at (that we knew about), however just before I got there, one of our Cobras got "shot down" by a lucky hit fired by the NKPA across the border. We didn't get "combat pay". The proliferation of deployments into areas which were not actual "war zones" but where units were getting shot at prompted the institution of "hostile fire" status to certain areas where there wasn't a "hot war" going on, but there was still periodic fighting. I expect Iraq will qualify as a "hostile fire" zone for some time to come.

I read a book that was about the DMZ. I will have to go find it but it said something about the casualty rate on the DMZ was all most as bad as Vietnam during the 60's.

Top Bottom