• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infidel15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    What do you think about the Iraq war? Are you for it? Are you against it? Do you think its worth american lives?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Over? Don't we wish. Perhaps our phase but it is more dormant than over. Our boys are still there.

No, it is not over. Civil War is next in a few years (let the Sunnis train and arm up). The Sunni will want to reclaim the areas that we allowed to be cleansed by the Shi'a.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Honestly I was blatently for it when I was told there was evidence. Saddam had it coming. We should have taken him out the first time. Of course, knowing what I know now--not worth it. The Iraqis are going to benefit overwhelmingly from the freedom so many of our men died for them to have though. They probably will lead the middle east into a thriving democracy. At least they have cities, and cars, but Afghanistan is probably not going to ever be anything but a lawless ****hole.

Kw1P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Afghanistan has cities and cars to but there is a Large area where there is people untouched by modern society but what law is in the cities is corrupt and easily bought

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Unless attacked, we should let these countries work out their problems without us. If we have to fight, we should fight to win. In the 60's I felt Hanoi should have been turned into a cinder.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Unless attacked, we should let these countries work out their problems without us. If we have to fight, we should fight to win. In the 60's I felt Hanoi should have been turned into a cinder.

Look at where we are now for not defeating the North when we had a chance. Anyone above the 38th is living like rats. I'm not saying it was worth it for us, but it was worth it for Seoul. Below the 38th they are making cars and ships, have the largest shipyard in the world, and a thriving economy. The spread of free enterprise and capitalism is the spread of freedom and individual prosperity. No, I don't think we should spill our blood in every situation where people are suffering, but when we do, it usually matters. Vietnam and Somalia are exceptions.

I almost forgot the second reason I wanted us to invade Iraq and kill Sadaam. To prove that we can finish jobs. The middle East, and the rest of the world thought we were soft. The only history they knew was Vietnam and Blackhawk Down™. They thought America had grown complacent and fearful of evil. I am proud now how they fear us and think Bush was the devil. That's exactly how they should feel about us in the Middle East.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Our Government likes to throw way too much money at war while our Vets are the ones who pay the price. I think the Vets should be paid the same wages and have the same benefits as anyone in Congress.(if not more) Better yet,send Congress members over to Iraq for a few months and see how fast the war would end.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The day we invaded the sovereign nation of Iraq, the GOP was within reach of a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. NOTHING was more important to this great nation. Bush 43 invaded Iraq for one and ONLY one reason: revenge for his daddy. That's it. Bush 43 sacrificed the future of America and created the circumstances under which something called Barack Hussein Obama could possibly be elected as our President. In 2003, we were poised to finally be in a position to reverse 40+ years of liberal destruction of our way of life. GWB gave it all away to avenge his daddy. May George W. Bush rot in hell. Edcuate yourself on what was happening in America in 2003 and how it was all destroyed by this traitor. A firing squad would be too good for him.

Amercia gave away any chance of a future the day we invaded Iraq. For what? NOTHING. We gave it all away for nothing.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This is a question that needs to be asked and asked often. Since the USA always gives the countries we defeat self-rule and claim none of their lands as our own, it isn't easy to see just what is gained by sending our best people into harm's way.

To me 9-11 really hit hard. I realized that war would never be the same. It put me into a frame of mind that terrorists needed to be hunted down where they lived to keep things safer in the USA. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Islamic extremists will lay down or sue for peace any time soon.

There is hope though. I never thought that the world would see the end of the USSR and iron curtain. If we, as a country, had not gone toe-to-toe with the USSR in places like West Berlin, I fear that we would now be suffering severe consequences.

Not every American citizen supported the war in WWII. There were war protests. A lot of folks were outraged by some of the massive lives lost in WWII, like in Iwo Jima for example. The government kept the horrendous loses of submariners and AAF crews a secret for years.

I was recently reminded that some people believe that there is nothing worth fighting for and will go to any extremes to avoid military service. I hate war and wish that no one would ever have to be wounded or die in combat ever again. To me there are things worth fighting for on the battlefield. I also feel as though we cannot honor those who have gone before by cutting and running.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The day we invaded the sovereign nation of Iraq, the GOP was within reach of a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. NOTHING was more important to this great nation. Bush 43 invaded Iraq for one and ONLY one reason: revenge for his daddy. That's it. Bush 43 sacrificed the future of America and created the circumstances under which something called Barack Hussein Obama could possibly be elected as our President. In 2003, we were poised to finally be in a position to reverse 40+ years of liberal destruction of our way of life. GWB gave it all away to avenge his daddy. May George W. Bush rot in hell. Edcuate yourself on what was happening in America in 2003 and how it was all destroyed by this traitor. A firing squad would be too good for him.

Amercia gave away any chance of a future the day we invaded Iraq. For what? NOTHING. We gave it all away for nothing.

Well at least you didn't say it was for the oil!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

And on that subject, why did Bush I invade Panama?

WWII was the last war we needed to be involved in.

The whole of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    America could have used a few statesmen like that... Heck, Germany could have used a few statesmen like that too.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The US' notion that we can replace tribal rule and dictatorship with lasting democracy in the Middle East is delusional. When we are done there, they will be fighting over that patch of sand for another thousand years. Bring the troops home and our money home.

Top Bottom