• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I like shooting with both. I have been shooting with irons the last few months with a Savage Model 5 and M&P15 w/ flip up magpul rear sight. I recently put the vintage optic back on the Savage and put a NCStar Mark III 3-9x42 compact on my M&P this past week and really enjoyed it. I am so far very happy with the NCStar for the cost, it works well for punching paper. One of the reasons I bought it was for the quick release on the mount. Whether at the range or in a real world situation I can have the scope off and my rear sight flipped up in a few seconds. I definitely think it is good to shoot and become proficient at both, but I also think it's what ever you enjoy the most. I recently got my old man into shooting, but he can't see or hit anything without a optic past 50 yards, so he just put one on his M&P15-22 and he is having a blast.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    That is why you should always have a set of irons(combat environment).....passing off one type of sight as "obsolete" or as "no practical use" is about the same train of thought as anti's saying we should outlaw guns because criminals kill with them

I don't follow your logic, but if you are attempting to quote me you've misquoted me.

Top Bottom