• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    So I just got back from a mostly pleasant range outting. I went up to the Clark State Forest in Henryville which if you don't know is a FREE range provided and maintained by the state forest. Not much free left in this world.

I was really disappointed to see as I was leaving that at the end of the gravel road, the stop sign had about ten holes in it that looked to be .40 or .45 in size. (i tried to take a pic but my phone was dead).

Now I'm getting pissed because its stuff like this that causes excellent free resources like my favorite gun range to be taken away. And even more importantly, there are HOUSES behind that sign!!! How could you be so reckless and irresponsible! You could have killed someone!! This type of idocy paints gun owners as lawless wildmen and threatens all of our rights.

I doubt the hooligans will likely ever see this as most people who post here understand these points as I do. Just here to vent.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    The general public will not take care of public resources. This is why we can't have nice things. I've spent much of my life cleaning up after other people's garbage, vandalism, and general poor behavior. I currently manage a small nature preserve for a non-profit that sees several hundred people a month, all of whom have to request access to the property, and we're always cleaning up or fixing damage. On a good day we've even gotten to prosecute a few of them for it.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah seriously, this is why we can't have nice things...unless the sign was intentionally like that before it was put up

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    There are plenty of holes on the signs leading up to roush. Most people are idiots. Thats why democracy doesn't work.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Not to mention that outhouse at the range. I know you've seen it. It looks like someone opened up on that with some evil ass-salt weapon. I went to the pisser there last time I was at that range and I felt like I was an exhibitionist. But at least I could keep an eye on my spot at the range.
    I like going there. And often there are really cool people and cooler weapons. But I always keep a sidearm at the ready in case some numb nut loses it. If the range has tons of people, I don't worry much. It's when I'm there and there's just two or three others (I almost always shoot alone). If you've been there you know what I mean. You have to keep an eye on some of them.
    Ah, the joys of living in southern Indiana.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Not to mention that outhouse at the range. I know you've seen it. It looks like someone opened up on that with some evil ass-salt weapon. I went to the pisser there last time I was at that range and I felt like I was an exhibitionist. But at least I could keep an eye on my spot at the range.

Lol, I don't know how comfortable I'd be using an outhouse that was clearly often used for target practice. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Deal with the general public constantly. It is not all of them but enough that do ruin things for those who do care.
    I really enjoy all the trash left behind or ejected from moving cars. Not dangerous as what the OP mentions but a sign of our society loosing morality and honer.
    It is a few individuals inside of every group that will eventually put them in a bad light.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I like going there. And often there are really cool people and cooler weapons. But I always keep a sidearm at the ready in case some numb nut loses it. If the range has tons of people, I don't worry much. It's when I'm there and there's just two or three others (I almost always shoot alone). If you've been there you know what I mean. You have to keep an eye on some of them.
    Ah, the joys of living in southern Indiana.
    Yeah, the outhouse has been that way as long as I have been going there so I tend to forget about it. But that is a good point. Destroying park property is not smart.

I always keep a sidearm at the ready too. Crazies plus my $1000s of equipment on the table might not mix well some day.

Maybe we should go together sometime and watch each others back :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They closed the closest DNR range in NWI (Lasalle) quite a few years ago because of dirtbag activity. It never re-opened. I used to go there quite a bit back in the day.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I shoot at Henryville too and I will be the first one to say that there are some pretty immature people that go out there. Some of which have no business having a gun. Its one reason I avoid it during the weekend and holidays. I try to go when everyone else is at work or school.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of conservation club ranges have gone to key carded gates to that record who is in/out and their time spent.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    I've seen my fare share of stupid up there as well. But most times it's usually a pretty nice experience, and most people I have dealt with are decent people. But as I said I have seen some really stupid crap up there. Unfortunately, you can't really fix stupid people.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Idiocracy is spreading at an alarming rate.

We have several road signs around our house with holes in them. Everytime they put new ones up it is about a week or two before they also have holes in them. And everytime they paint the bridge, the same hooligans I imagine are coming back and spray painting very deragatory and racist text on the bridge. It's never ending.

Top Bottom