• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is a constitutional convention is a good idea?

• Total voters

henry0reilly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Montgomery County
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Changes in Indiana gaming laws and rules were already putting a hurtlocker on the fraternal organizations and now the feds are taking a turn.

The Infernal Ripoff Slimeballs have hired 800 new agents (nationwide) to audit non-profit organizations books and practices.

We are now required, under threat of a three year audit which could result in huge penalties and fines, to insist our entertainers accept a form 1099 if we pay them $600 or more a year.

The immediate effect of this in my town is that one our clubs lost the karaoke DJ, who apparently doesn't pay taxes on the money he makes from Karaoke, as he has refused to sign the paperwork.

What we desperately need to do as a nation is demand the repeal of the 16th and 17th Amendments to the Constitution (direct election of Senators and Income Tax.
    [/FONT]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Those two amendments will NEVER be repealed. And all OTHER businesses have the same reporting requirements; it's not just non-profits. Sorry if this seems negative, but I just don't see it happening.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I would support such an amendment to repeal both the 16th and 17th amendments. In fact, the 16th amendment was never properly ratified anyway, so it wouldn't need to be "repealed."

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    yep the 16th amendment is impotent. federal income tax is not enforcible by law, because no law exist. now having the money to fight it in court is a different matter.

i have told people that, six ways to sunday and they will say it is the law you have to pay taxes...

And all i say is find me the "LAAAAWWWWW" MONKEY!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the IRS requirments will not cost a non profit group anything but someone's time..
    Good record keeping will help a NP group in the end.. more groups will spot where someone has been skimming funds..

Top Bottom